Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thinking about moving to the Okanagan

Re: Thinking about moving to the Okanagan

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    Nobody mentioned Blind Bay yet? B- B..best of the best..
    It was coming, Just a bit late. We sold back in April in Cloverdale. The buyers wanted Sept 1st and we were OK with that. In the meantime we found a few houses and put an offer on one in Tappen for full ask. It was all good till we saw the gabian rock wall. The sellers also said no to a septic inspection and pump out so we did not counter their offer. We then put an offer on a place near Fintry. 15K above ask and we got knocked off. Those two offers were based on us selling here and then our buyer fell through due to financing. Wife then shows me a house in Blind bay. NICE house but I said they will never take our offer because of Sept dates here that we were OK with. We talked to our realtor and she said they are OK with Sept dates. Cool. We offered full 775 ask. Only subject was viewing in person.

I brought a buddy with us who happens to be a house inspector. He looked, I looked and we found 3 small issues. A couple weeks go by and I get an odd message on facebook asking if we can move our dates up. After figuring out who the person was I messaged them (sellers) back. Said our hands are tied due to our sale. I texted our realtor and asked if our buyer were firm on dates. Damm, I get a call from my wife 2 days later saying the buyers now want July 16th possession. I said SAY YES. Then I message our Blind bay people and get new dates from them for July 30. Been a busy couple weeks now moving stuff to Logan lake. We are filling that house up fast. I figure we have 3 trailer loads left in surrey. One goes up Monday and come Friday I officially retire. That will give me 7 days to empty and clean the house here. I keep looking at BC assessment to see what the other 2 houses sold for. FWIW, 775 will get you a nice house. It is a 3-5 minute walk to the lake and we have a slight view of the lake.

The sellers invested a lot of cash in the house. New top of the line dual HW on demand with radiant in floor heating. dual split ductless top of the line AC, Top of the line generator. I know it is all top of the line, I have copies of the receipts and looked them up online. Roof is a 40 year and done 3 years ago. 2 car garage with deck out front. Told the wife I want to remove the garage door and move it to the end of the deck and enclose it. I will now have an enclosed 4 car garage. Also has a suite if we want an extra income. In short, We are quite excited.

Then the heat wave came. Then Lytton burned, Then we had to get insurance. Last time when we bought a house in Logan lake, I come home one day and see subject removed for acceptable insurance. I ask the wife and she says realtor told her to remove it. I said I have been trying to get ins. No one will issue it. Wildfire too close. I said you just gambled with our money. Everyday I checked the web site and when I saw no fires, We got a policy. So today I was at BCAA and got a policy issued. What a relief. Their concern was any evac orders in that area.

The whole North Okanagan and into the Shuswap is amazing. I am a local realtor working Vernon and into the Shuswap. I grew up in Kelowna, you couldn't pay me enough to live in Kelowna these days!!! Have a good hard look at Armstrong and Enderby. Armstrong is 15 mins to Vernon and is a super cool little town. I have 20 acres on the outskirts of town, I couldn't imagine a better place to bring up my kids. Enderby is amazing bang for your buck, smaller acreages can still be found in the $500-$750K range with lots to offer and Enderby has the river with some killer sandy beaches, Mabel Lake, Mara Lake etc... It's had a rough reputation in the past but its quickly changing as people realize what it has to offer.
    If you want any help PM me, lots of great HBC references
    Brent

Vernon is great if your idea of some of the local sights include seeing pregnant teenagers, and crystal meth teeth everywhere you go. I know it’s a problem everywhere, but for some reason it just seems more apparent in Vernon.
    No offence intended at anyone from there.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by tuner View Post
    Vernon is great if your idea of some of the local sights include seeing pregnant teenagers, and crystal meth teeth everywhere you go. I know it’s a problem everywhere, but for some reason it just seems more apparent in Vernon.
    No offence intended at anyone from there.
    Obviously you've never been to Maple Ridge......!!!
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Steve View Post
    The whole North Okanagan and into the Shuswap is amazing. I am a local realtor working Vernon and into the Shuswap. I grew up in Kelowna, you couldn't pay me enough to live in Kelowna these days!!! Have a good hard look at Armstrong and Enderby. Armstrong is 15 mins to Vernon and is a super cool little town. I have 20 acres on the outskirts of town, I couldn't imagine a better place to bring up my kids. Enderby is amazing bang for your buck, smaller acreages can still be found in the $500-$750K range with lots to offer and Enderby has the river with some killer sandy beaches, Mabel Lake, Mara Lake etc... It's had a rough reputation in the past but its quickly changing as people realize what it has to offer.
    If you want any help PM me, lots of great HBC references
    Brent
    Will shoot you a message

WF. Remember when people thought Dave’s World the biggest issue and let’s not forget our ambassador
    Linda M . LOL
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Obviously you've never been to Maple Ridge......!!!
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I’ll have to move to Alberta to get away from all the albertians in the summer time

I really like Kamloops because of the FAST trip to Multiple (LOTS) of Fishing lakes - Hunting area's Quading Area's etc etc
    Major Hub of roads to go North South - East West ! In 20 minutes you can be out in the Bush ! BUT we have our share of BUM's - Drug Addict's etc ! I think we have the new BC record for FENTANYL deaths in the last few months ! OH Well ! RJ

3 hours 45 minutes to Langley from Kelowna, 4 hours 30 minutes from Vernon and only 3 hours and 20 minutes from Kamloops and no traffic and you'll get more for your money.
    I grew up in Penticton, great little city, Vernon is just weird IMO, lived in Kelowna and you couldn't pay me to live there again. Now in Kamloops, though it is growing and getting busier it has all you need and you can get anywhere in 15 minutes.
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR