Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about moving to the Okanagan

Re: Thinking about moving to the Okanagan

I live in the south okanagan, No question it’s getting busier, trouble is a lot of the roads and infrastructure are not designed for this. With the 45c weather and the smoke I’m really looking around.

Nobody mentioned Blind Bay yet? B- B..best of the best..

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Osoyoos maybe, Oliver probably, Kelowna, Penticton, Vernon no way.. too big and chaotic..
    Coming from the mainland it's got to be big enough for the wide to be happy,im surprised she's willing to leave her grandma behind to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    Nobody mentioned Blind Bay yet? B- B..best of the best..
    Sure. If you like hoards of Albertans with boats. I grew up in Eagle Bay. It was quieter in the 70s (obviously), but not so much anymore.

Penticton is not nearly as bad as Vernon, which isn’t nearly as bad as Hellowna. You could not pay me to live there!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    Coming from the mainland it's got to be big enough for the wife to be happy,im surprised she's willing to leave her grandma behind to be honest.
    Fixed it and saved you some time in the doghouse.

Move! I just left the valley for Vernon last spring. We live in Coldstream, Great place, and lots of different options depending on housing cost and how close to town you need to be. Options are endless. Lots of work if you want it. Endless amounts of outdoor fun right out your door and the weather is always nice here compared to the valley. Once you move you will ask your self why you wait so long.
    Lord let me come home bloody, not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    Lol thank you sir

Quote Originally Posted by luger View Post
    Move! I just left the valley for Vernon last spring. We live in Coldstream, Great place, and lots of different options depending on housing cost and how close to town you need to be. Options are endless. Lots of work if you want it. Endless amounts of outdoor fun right out your door and the weather is always nice here compared to the valley. Once you move you will ask your self why you wait so long.
    It's really just at matter of her getting this job that allows her to work anywhere, that way if she missing grandma she can come back down and visit for a week a d still be able to work and breaking it to the families lol I know my mom will be bent out of shape over it at first, but we can either sell our townhouse here and stay while being mortgaged to the tits,or we can sell and have little to no mortgage and enjoy life up there,I think she'll understand lol

Yep that simple typo had the potential to go sideways for Russ or any of us LOL !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Moved the family to Penticton from the LML 6 years ago. Best decision I've ever made.

We wanted a slower pace, but still needed close proximity to the medical system for our disabled son. Kelowna wasn't going to do much for the pace of things for us so it was down to Vernon and Penticton and we went with the place we liked more.
    I'd highly suggest making a small vacation through the valley and seeing what you and your wife like best and go from there. There are pros and cons to any place, just gotta find what works best for you.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir