Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bison Draw 7-42D

Re: Bison Draw 7-42D

you did mean Buckinghorse i am sure.........

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by PG Miller View Post
    Hey thanks for the info, is there an app to show the exact or roughly the exact private/public land boundaries? Really don’t wanna step on any toes.
    You honestly should get a map from McEllaney (spelled wrong haha) 10 days before going, just to get the latest version….tell them you want all private and leased land identified. Sikanni Outfitters has tried to claim that the fields on the “other side”, just upstream from the ranch are theirs, and they will harass you….it is crown land
    Last edited by Thunderstix; 07-04-2021 at 08:18 PM.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstix View Post
    You honestly should get a map from McEllaney (spelled wrong haha) 10 days before going, just to get the latest version….tell them you want all private and leased land identified. Sikanni Outfitters has tried to claim that the fields on the “other side”, just upstream from the ranch are theirs, and they will harass you….it is crown land
    Oh ok that is sound advice, thank you sir. I am not sure if I am going to be going to the southern pink mountain area, although it seems like that is where most of the bison are taken. I have a map from 2019 downloaded in PDF and it definitely shows the lands north of the rivers confluence with the 2bit is public land but I don't want to ruffle any feathers.

If you haven't, join BC Bison Hunting on facebook too...

The airstrip is above zone D, and is in the Bison GOS area. Might be even busier up there? Not sure, I have the same draw for late Nov, been 10 years since I was there last, but I was in the halfway with the A zone...
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post

The airstrip is above zone D, and is in the Bison GOS area. Might be even busier up there? Not sure, I have the same draw for late Nov, been 10 years since I was there last, but I was in the halfway with the A zone...
    The airstrip is NOT in the GOS area, not if you are referring to the Sikanni Airstip….Nevis airstrip is in the GOS, but not Sikanni.

PG Miller,

I have the McElleney map I purchased last year in late Sept when I went. If you would like send me your info and I can send it to you, or you can pick it up when you are coming thru PG on the way up there. I will probably never use it again, and just looked at it the other night.

If you want it sent, just pay postage, as it is in a round tube about 4' long.

I'm in PG.

Quote Originally Posted by wallz View Post
    PG Miller,

I have the McElleney map I purchased last year in late Sept when I went. If you would like send me your info and I can send it to you, or you can pick it up when you are coming thru PG on the way up there. I will probably never use it again, and just looked at it the other night.

If you want it sent, just pay postage, as it is in a round tube about 4' long.

I'm in PG.
    Hey, that would be great, I’m in PG too, how’s a case of your favourite brew sound??? I could pick it up Wednesday or Thursday unless you need more time to dig it out?

I'd recheck that. Pretty sure airstrip is in Zone D LEH area and the GOS area is to the North. On the drive in on the Mile 171 Rd you go through a small portion of the GOS area where the road swichbacks down and crosses Chicken Cr. a little before the airstrip.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mudsey View Post
    I'd recheck that. Pretty sure airstrip is in Zone D LEH area and the GOS area is to the North. On the drive in on the Mile 171 Rd you go through a small portion of the GOS area where the road swichbacks down and crosses Chicken Cr. a little before the airstrip.
    Correct sir!!

I did the hunt for the end of October last year. We stayed at bucking horse since it looked like it was going to be a bit cold and windy. Boy are we glad we did! Having a warm place to hang out in the evening was a life saver I think. We hunted hard for 10 days in Zone D, and saw old sign. We did hunt both Sikanni (North portion) as well as the Halfway basin (South Portion) and talked to people at both areas as well as some of the locals. We did the bypass around the Blueberry ranch, and it was a bit sketchy for sure. Having said that, I'm not 100% sure we took the correct path the whole way unless it's supposed to have a river crossing involved. We did talk to the ranch before hand and it was $200 per person to pass through there, as a group of 6, we decided it wasn't worth it. I have some ideas of where the bison were hiding away from all the action now that I've had some time to process and take a look at what we saw and didn't see. I'm more than happy to talk about that if someone would like my thoughts. Also I do have a map as well updated from last year, I even laminated it, so if anyone would like that for the upcoming season please just let me know.