Thread: Vortex Razor 11-33x50

Vortex Razor 11-33x50

Hi all just wondering if anyone has any experience with the little Vortex Razor 11-33x50?

I tried searching but I couldn’t find much info on it.

Thinking it might be a nice little unit but worried it might be too small. My thought was to buy one for now then upgrade to a lager one in the future for mountain hunts etc. And keep the little one for moose,elk,deer and bear hunting etc. Or should I just stick to one?

Thanks Ryan.
    I'm so much cooler Online.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Vortex Razor 11-33x50

I looked real closely at one when I was looking for a spotter.

In the end, I went with the 65mm Razor ( which has worked very well for me).

The little spotter seemed like a real nice scope for packability but IMHO, a good pair of binos on a tripod will be more use to me then the low magnification spotters.

In hind sight, I would of been better off upgrading my bino's before I purchased any spotter.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 06-28-2021 at 08:20 AM.

I have no experience with that vortex but have heard they are decent. I do however have experience with the leupold 15x30 compact spotter. I chose this unit over a larger scope due to the compact light weight spotter. I always found the first thing I ditched out of my pack when I was going hard was my spotter! So, I spent a lot of time without a spotter! This smaller spotter doesnt tend to get ditched as often now. I do one/two mountain hunts a year and havent felt too handicapped with the smaller unit.

Its good for what it is, but doesnt even compare to a full size spotter. I use a bushnell elite 15-45 (awesome for the $)for a compact spotter and a razor 20-60 for everything else
    Proud member of the fringe minority!

I looked through it and it’s ok, but I’m using a Razer HD 16-48x65 and happy with it.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

I’ve compared my Viper 15-45x65 spotter with a friend 11-33x50 razor. I would say that the viper is more useful because of its higher magnification and larger objective lens, but the size of the little razor is really nice and make the Viper seem a bit ridiculously heavy. It would be good to own both because they both have their own pros and cons.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

I bought a used one. Really liked it, but often wished I had a bit more magnification and a bit more clarity at the higher end of the magnification that it did have.
    Still a great scope in my opinion.
    I didn't use it much, so I sold it. I regretted selling it, so bought a used 20-60 x 85 razor, and now I rarely use that one.
    When in doubt, just pin it.