Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Atv accident lessons

Re: Atv accident lessons

Glad to hear you are healing up. As a ex Paramedic I can only imagine how you felt being short of breathe. Great advice about being able to reach your emergency device to activate help!
    Take care,

A nephew and his 6 yr. old son stopped to open a gate (on their own farm) the father opened the gate and we figure the son thought that he would help out by driving the quad through the gate saving his dad from getting on and off again to close the gate after them. The kid had never driven the ATV before, he jammed the throttle down and took off hit a bump and flipped the machine on top of himself killing him instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by MOOSE MILK View Post
    A nephew and his 6 yr. old son stopped to open a gate (on their own farm) the father opened the gate and we figure the son thought that he would help out by driving the quad through the gate saving his dad from getting on and off again to close the gate after them. The kid had never driven the ATV before, he jammed the throttle down and took off hit a bump and flipped the machine on top of himself killing him instantly.
    Wow. That poor guy will be haunted by that until the day he dies. Quads are great right up until they aren’t.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

A close family friend of ours was hunting with a buddy who rolled his quad resulting in a compound fracture. It was a no-joke-holy-crap situation apparently. Very cold and close to inaccessible but he had a Garmin inReach and sent out for help. The rescuers were there in 12 hours but that seems acceptable to me. After hearing his story I went out and bought a Zoleo. Makes me feel better and having a way for somebody to get ahold of you isn't so bad either. Just dont be like my buddy and be texting constantly in the deer blind. >

Hmm everyone should have and use personal comunication device..keep it close and accessable..
    PLEASE BE CAREFUL.
    Srupp