Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indian Arm

Re: Indian Arm

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineStalker View Post
    Don't discount finding the herd on the main line parallel to Indian River. I came across them there 2k from the Hixon branch at the crack of first light last season. I did also drive my truck most of the way to Norton but that was a bad call... it's pretty thick and gnarly in there. It seems like there are a lot of bridges that have been taken out in the area.
    Thanks, what was the worst about norton, the pin striping or the bouldering?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperYeti View Post
    Thanks, what was the worst about norton, the pin striping or the bouldering?

The pin striping mainly... There were a couple spots I had to get out and check clearance etc but I managed to get up past the turn off to the lake before coming back. I had originally planned to cross the creek and walk the other side but the bridge was out and the creek was a bit too fast moving to attempt while solo. That said - it's also not that far to walk to Norton (3-4kms) and some cut blocks along the way where I always find droppings.

Hey, just wanted to chime in and say i am glad to see folks helping others on an leh hunt rather that acting all top secret!
    Good on you folks!!

Hahah I’ve been putting in there every year. I tried to get in the back for spring bear. Hit a wall of snow. In the middle of may . I’m going to go camping up there. Soon. At the lake. I’ll let you know if I see any elks I met someone that got a gronk out of there 5 years ago. He said hike the rivers. Roads can be empty Spend a week if you can

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineStalker View Post
    The pin striping mainly... There were a couple spots I had to get out and check clearance etc but I managed to get up past the turn off to the lake before coming back. I had originally planned to cross the creek and walk the other side but the bridge was out and the creek was a bit too fast moving to attempt while solo. That said - it's also not that far to walk to Norton (3-4kms) and some cut blocks along the way where I always find droppings.
    Cool, good to know. My Yukon is officially my bush beater and begging for her first redneck car wash I fully expect to be doing the majority of my hunting on foot for this one, more just trying to get a better lay of the land before I venture in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dour View Post
    Hahah I’ve been putting in there every year. I tried to get in the back for spring bear. Hit a wall of snow. In the middle of may . I’m going to go camping up there. Soon. At the lake. I’ll let you know if I see any elks I met someone that got a gronk out of there 5 years ago. He said hike the rivers. Roads can be empty Spend a week if you can
    Thanks for the tips. I was reading a thead on here from 2018 where the poster got a HOG and that seemed to be how he found his as well. My plan is to get up for a bunch of scouting over the next couple months and get to know the area, where I see old sign etc and then head up for a week at the beginning of the season and supplement that with weekends afterwards if needed.

Maybe we'll cross paths up there!

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Hey, just wanted to chime in and say i am glad to see folks helping others on an leh hunt rather that acting all top secret!
    Good on you folks!!
    Absolutely, it's very much appreciated all the great info people have been willing to share.

Sent you a pm.

I agree. My nephew has the draw too and a few of us have been chatting already about the hunt. Good to see people helping each other. We are excited and the recon will start very soon

I used to go camping at Norton in the 2000s, I recall back then the road had literally over 100 cross ditches over 7km. I counted. They sucked back then, can't imagine they've improved with age, (unlike myself).