Thread: 3-36 Goat Draw

3-36 Goat Draw

Hello all, i was lucky enough to get a goat draw in 3 36. Have hunted some of the area for moose and deer, but not sure on where to start for goat. Any and all help would be appreciated. I am open to any suggestions, thank you, Derrick.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 3-36 Goat Draw

look for steep craggy mountains that no one should be in. look for long white spots that look like snow and spend days glassing
    BC Wild sheep society
    BC BCHA
    BC wildlife federation
    RMGA

I am no help on this topic, but would love to hear how you do after the season is over. Even if you are not successful in the harvest make sure you update us on your stories from the hunts! I am sure you will have lots! good luck!

Thanks, i will. Planning on sept, oct, and nov hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas300 View Post
    look for steep craggy mountains that no one should be in. look for long white spots that look like snow and spend days glassing
    Thanks for the tips, appreciate it!

Plan a route to the top and find a goat. Find some water holes up high. good luck. Emphasis on up high haha

I have guided many goats and they are creatures of habit...you can almost set your clock to their feeding and water movement....they most often run uphill,rarely down so seeing them from below then get above them...they will relocate and can rapidly but will remain in an area when unharrased so sometimes putting them to bed and waking them up is a good strategy

Great information, thank you. Ill start scouting next month, cover some ground and try to find some steep stuff and spot. I'll take my son out for youth season early sept to see what we can find. Ive also got half of oct and all of November for holidays, so i will put in the time. Thanks all.

Honestly in November you could be in a lot of snow at that elevation. I have hunted it before nice country, big trees and steep mountains. Lots of water so that part should be easy