Thread: December Turkey!

December Turkey!

So, after my first turkey hunt this past spring, I put in for a good odds draw for a December turkey since the bug bit hard. And now I got that December any turkey draw in 4-9.

anybody else done a winter turkey? I am assuming they would be lower down from where we found them in the adjacent mu (8-15).
    Anybody have any tips on elevation levels, chances of finding them on crown vs private? I would imagine they may drop down to private fields for ease of feed.
    any thoughts would be appreciated!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: December Turkey!

following...
    i just got into turkey hunting this spring and was successful and am hooked. Plan to try again this fall and i also got drawn for a december turkey. South aspects adjacent to a reliable food source is my plan but i haven't down any real research into it just yet.

Re: December Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by bcfirefly View Post
    following...
    i just got into turkey hunting this spring and was successful and am hooked. Plan to try again this fall and i also got drawn for a december turkey. South aspects adjacent to a reliable food source is my plan but i haven't down any real research into it just yet.
    What region is your december turkey?
    I will also be looking for south slopes near open fields (crown or private). going to do a scouting trip on the Old Rossland Cascade hwy I think at some point to search out some potential spots. worried this may be a bit high in elevation. Anyone every drive this road in the fall/winter?