Quote Originally Posted by orest.06 View Post
So what is the consensus? Fair system, shell game, or disfunctional drawing that needs adjusting to remove what appears to be bias?
Seems to work fine. It is a lottery and its just luck of the draw….random. I just went 20yrs without getting a draw until this year and I put in for pretty much all species some low and some high odds areas every year and change it up. In 35yrs have drawn 2griz, 2goat, 1sheep so can’t complain. Never a moose, bison, rosy in 35yrs. Like said just went 20yrs with nothing. This year I changed it up and waited to the last 2hrs to put in instead of at the start and what do you know….success. Need to keep in mind if the odds are 10:1 on avge for a zone you keep trying for, statistics would say you might get drawn once per 10yrs….that said you still might never get drawn, or you might get drawn more than once in ten years. Its a lottery….random. Hard to get much more fair than that and hard to explain how some just seem to have the luck. Yes there can be long dry spells……always GOS!! Never won the lotto max yet …..maybe one of these days!