Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snow on Lawless/Tulameen FSR?

Re: Snow on Lawless/Tulameen FSR?

Quote Originally Posted by Leaseman View Post
    Was up Britton Creek Sunday, no way was I trying to go more than a km......solid ice with corn snow, could hardly walk on it////
    Figures, thanks for the update
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

I heard that there is so much damage on Lawless heading east to town that it could be years before its open again.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    I heard that there is so much damage on Lawless heading east to town that it could be years before its open again.
    There's a number of wash outs and such on Lawless, can't get through and yes, probably wont get any attention for years. Tulameen River Road is a mess too so basically you get to Tulameen via Princeton on Coalmont road or from the Connector down 5A and onto Coalmont Road. The KVR is shut all the way from Princeton to the South end of Otter Lake then shut down at the North end of the Lake. A whole new World.

Drove Tulameen from Britton Cr. last Sunday - road has a big "closed" sign in the beginning but is in great condition, up to the first River crossing (little creek, forget the name, not Tulameen River) - big excavator in front with "Bridge closed" painted on it and yellow tape blocking off the bridge.

Question: Can anyone confirm it's possible to reach Tulameen FSR across the Tulameen River from the other side, via either Tulameen Town or Blakeburn FSR?

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    Drove Tulameen from Britton Cr. last Sunday - road has a big "closed" sign in the beginning but is in great condition, up to the first River crossing (little creek, forget the name, not Tulameen River) - big excavator in front with "Bridge closed" painted on it and yellow tape blocking off the bridge.

Question: Can anyone confirm it's possible to reach Tulameen FSR across the Tulameen River from the other side, via either Tulameen Town or Blakeburn FSR?

nope, completely impassable both from Tulameen river road in town and also Blake burn going up Coalmont way - was there last week completely blocked, road is gone multiple sections

Ok thanks, saved me an unnecessary trip....

Went into the area this past weekend. I managed to get through a slide and a few washouts on B-Lawless before I was turned around shortly after the cattle guard. (from from coq -> tulameen.

The washout has completely taken out the road, and not even room to get a quad around as it comes off a steep bank to a vanished road into a 50ft vertical gulch. From a strictly selfish perspective, I am not overly upset as the area is going to get a major rest/recovery from the loads of hunters driving the area.

Foot or bike is the only way towards the burn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Belly View Post
    nope, completely impassable both from Tulameen river road in town and also Blake burn going up Coalmont way - was there last week completely blocked, road is gone multiple sections
    Yup, and the word is that it'll be awhile before Lawless gets fully repaired and that the Tulameen River Road, which has been a mess for years will never be repaired except at the Tulameen end where there are houses. Ford Street is also impassible to Toyotas.