Thread: A very tasty Salmon Curry! (Easy to prepare)

A very tasty Salmon Curry! (Easy to prepare)

I've just got finished today with a Salmon Curry video, here it is!

https://youtu.be/y4y7PGCmHAo

I'll confess I actually didn't much care for salmon as a kid....I tried it a few times and couldn't like the mushiness when its cooked in tin foil. This recipe makes a crispy fish outside, and the hearty veggies and spice make it really good.

I'd think this recipe could work well with fiddleheads either in place of or in addition to the okra. If you knew in advance that you'd have salmon in camp, the ingredients wouldn't be too difficult to bring along in a cooler, and the cooking itself is pretty straightforward.

Let me know what you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snapshot_44 .25 (2).jpg  

2. Site Sponsor

Re: A very tasty Salmon Curry! (Easy to prepare)

i am not a big fan of chunky veggies in curry like that, prefer small dice. but you cant go wrong with thai curry with fish
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

that looks quite tasty. I might need to expand my cooking knowledge as I haven't heard of a couple of the ingredients.

Man, that looks good!
    I just have to try, minus the okra
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

[QUOTE=jimmythechiz;2261047]I've just got finished today with a Salmon Curry video, here it is!

https://youtu.be/y4y7PGCmHAo

I'll confess I actually didn't much care for salmon as a kid....I tried it a few times and couldn't like the mushiness when its cooked in tin foil. This recipe makes a crispy fish outside, and the hearty veggies and spice make it really good.

I'd think this recipe could work well with fiddleheads either in place of or in addition to the okra. If you knew in advance that you'd have salmon in camp, the ingredients wouldn't be too difficult to bring along in a cooler, and the cooking itself is pretty straightforward.

Let me know what you think?[/QUOTE]

Looks fantastic!
    One of my favourite meals is salmon be it freshly cooked,canned or smoked. Not only does it taste great but is very healthy.

The only ingredient I would totally avoid in the curry is sugar.
    In this case palm sugar is much healthier than reg. sugar. It has vitamins, minerals & is considerably lower in GI. It's probably OK in moderation.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Everything is available at save-on, only the fenugreek was a bit tough to find there.

What is GI?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythechiz View Post
    What is GI?

Glycemic Index I think.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythechiz View Post
    What is GI?
    glycemic index (GI)
    “palm sugar makers report that its GI is 35, compared with honey at 55 and table sugar at 68.”

More on GI

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...ic-index-foods
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Ok that makes sense. Its got a better flavor for this kind of thing.