Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dog Food Recommendations

Re: Dog Food Recommendations

Buddy who used to breed mastifvs feed the pups costco brand food with salmon meal mixxed in or beef w an egg their coats were always super smooth and they were a happy bunch!

I can’t believe how many people here are open about the absolute trash they feed their dogs.. just wow.
    10 years experience in the pet food industry.. maybe you guys just don’t care and are ignorantly blind.

there’s ONE on here selecting quality food for their pet, an I applaud you.. if you can’t afford to feed an animal well you shouldn’t have it at all..

and before you tell me a story about how long your mutt fed old roy lived, try to wrap your head around how much longer and healthier of a life it would have with quality food.

Obese alcoholics that eat nothing but fast food and pickle their organs daily live until ripe old ages, was that the reason though? Absolutely not.
    Last edited by RyoTHC; 06-16-2021 at 06:11 PM.

My girlfriend takes ground pork, adds a few vegetables, then bakes it. The dog, had health issues before and was on various dog foods in the past. They all gave him horrible farts. The food he gets now he enjoys and he's healthy. No more gross farts. The real food actually costs less than the specialty dog food from the vet. The next dog I get will be getting lots of bear meat.

Quote Originally Posted by fishhunt View Post
    My girlfriend takes ground pork, adds a few vegetables, then bakes it. The dog, had health issues before and was on various dog foods in the past. They all gave him horrible farts. The food he gets now he enjoys and he's healthy. No more gross farts. The real food actually costs less than the specialty dog food from the vet. The next dog I get will be getting lots of bear meat.

bingo! Though since most people are too lazy to take care of themselves properly let alone an animal they purchased.

Double post

I used to feed my griff Victor Hi Pro Plus (30/20 ratio) but since it's only available in the States I was no longer able to pick it up down at Blaine once the pandemic hit. It's a great product and worked out to less than a couple of bucks per day. For the last year (plus) I've had my dog on a very good product made in Eastern Canada designed for working dogs called Inukshuk. I had it shipped to me but now I've found a store in Langley that sells it as its only brand.

I had her on the 30/25 (almost 600 calories/cup) but have just switched her down to the 26/16 blend for the summer (almost 500 calories per cup which is still higher than any other high quality kibble out there. Inukshuk also makes a 32/32 blend but it's designed for really hard working dogs like sled dogs who are exercised 6-8 hours a day ,,,,,almost 700 calories per cup. My dog's poops are always solid and small so I know there's VERY little filler in this kibble.

https://www.inukshukpro.com/

My griff is 53 pounds and I only give her 1 cup in the morning and 1 at night of either the 30/25 or 26/16, plus a piece of rib bone from either deer, elk, or steer or a piece of pork neck or a chicken back as a snack at lunch time,,,,,all frozen /raw.

I'm also trying the Inukshuk 30/25 now. So far I'm noticing I need to feed a lot less to keep weight on my 2 active guys. I'm quite impressed so far...

I just ordered a couple bags of the inukshuk. the price isn't crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    I can’t believe how many people here are open about the absolute trash they feed their dogs.. just wow.
    10 years experience in the pet food industry.. maybe you guys just don’t care and are ignorantly blind.

there’s ONE on here selecting quality food for their pet, an I applaud you.. if you can’t afford to feed an animal well you shouldn’t have it at all..

and before you tell me a story about how long your mutt fed old roy lived, try to wrap your head around how much longer and healthier of a life it would have with quality food.

Obese alcoholics that eat nothing but fast food and pickle their organs daily live until ripe old ages, was that the reason though? Absolutely not.
    Oh wise one, please tell us more and what you feed your pooch.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post

Kind of a weird thing to be elitist and judgey about, but fill 'yer boots. You sound a lot like my hippy friend that told me that anything less than organic produce was pretty much child abuse.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?