Thread: CAF Members and LEH

CAF Members and LEH

Afternoon everyone,

With LEH coming out most likely next week, getting a little nervous as I may be posted out province come hunting season. I know I shouldn’t be worried until I find out I actually got a draw but I just want to see if anyone has had the issue of of obtaining a draw then posting out and technically not being a resident of BC.

Any Info would be great!

Cheers,

MG
    Ain't No Place Like The Cabin!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: CAF Members and LEH

In your situation, it all comes down to where your primary place of residence is at the time of the hunt. That said, I'd recommend that if you are successful on the draw, call the wildlife branch right away and explain your situation. You may very well get some special consideration.

I never had the issue of being posted out of province during a hunting season, but missed an LEH hunt and missed a few seasons entirely because I was deployed. It sucks, but come with the job.

Good luck on the LEH ( and the posting). Thanks for your service !!!!

deleted, duplicate post

Have a look here. It might clarify things for you.

Resident Hunter Credentials - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

If you get a once in a lifetime draw start the paper work immediately and get a lawyer. They do make exceptions for forces members but the process is not streamlined and takes forever. You should be fine as you are a current resident, and have already spent the bulk of the year within the province. I know of members being posted over seas and still being eligible to apply for leh in the province. Another option and what I'd do is delay changing my residency to your new province until after the hunt...most provinces have a 6 or 3 month window but have no recorded date for the start of the window. Hope that helps.

I am also a CAF member, and I am pretty sure you still qualify for BC resident because you lived more than 6 months in BC in the last 12 months.
    Too many hobbies, too little time.