Thread: Graham river to Halfway River Float

Graham river to Halfway River Float

Just curious if anyone has any recent information on the Graham river in the Northeast. Looking at potentially doing a float for moose/elk from the crying girl rec site on the graham river down to the halfway river. I’ve set out on quite a few several day raft trips in the past up north for game but never in region 7. I run a 14 ft NRS raft with frame. I’ve read about some log jams in this stretch but that’s about it. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

That being said I’m open to other rafting ideas in 7b, preferably for elk in September.

Cheers

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Graham river to Halfway River Float

It's do able. Launch at Crying Girl and pull out at the Halfway/Graham campsite. Crying Girl has no camping or overnight parking this year, so you would have to have someone drop you off and then drop off your vehicle at H/G.

Keep in mind that you will share some of the river, in the top half, with a quad trail paralleling the river on the east side.

Moose and elk cross the river and hang out in the open meadows downstream. Don't be afraid the get off the river and hunt some of the oxbows and meadows.

Some amazing grayling fishing.

Can give you some ideas in you PM me.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Following this thread with interest. Sitkaspruce is a great source of info for that area. Thanks Sitka!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Thanks for the info! Anymore info on the notable hazards like canyons etc..?

PM’d you Sitkaspruce.

I hunted Crying Girl area a few years back, nice area! Like SS mentioned it’s doable, I did see some jams but nothing serious but wish I tried to fish it!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...