Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The heck with covid, I知 goin fishin fer 2 months

Re: The heck with covid, I知 goin fishin fer 2 months

264.....is it you that guides out of Kyuquot?

Was in Desolation Sound last weekend, actually fishing along side with Big Coast as he was doing a shoot with a UBC student, anyway we thought it was going to be slow, hooked up over 60 fish in 3 days fishing, now all 18 pounds or smaller but it was action, no flasher, one side was anchovy and the other side a spoon, in any case get out, have fun and be safe!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy View Post
    264.....is it you that guides out of Kyuquot?
    Hang my hat in Tahsis for the summer. Although I run up to Kyuquot a fair bit…
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    Love the Hourston 264! They are great boats and I always wanted to have one. I did have a 19’ Zeta convertible with a full width aluminum pod and a 200hp Yammy HPDI and 9.9 4-stroke on the back for quite a few years. Closest I got.
    From what I understand the Zeta’s were as good, if not better than the hourstons. I’ve been looking for a 24’ one to restore. There’s one in Vernon but guy wants way to much for a complete gut job. Plus if I tackle another gut job the wife might pack her bags HA.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Ya this was a 1980 I/O model. They did offer a powder coated steel pipe bracket a little later on, then a little later on an Armstrong style aluminum bracket. Towards the end you get get damn near any configuration from them on custom order. By far the most common was the I/O however.

I did the fishing thing.
    The fish didn’t get the memo.
    Or maybe they did.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    From what I understand the Zeta’s were as good, if not better than the hourstons. I’ve been looking for a 24’ one to restore. There’s one in Vernon but guy wants way to much for a complete gut job. Plus if I tackle another gut job the wife might pack her bags HA.
    Dont do do that!
    My buddy did that with an old Sea Ray (the one we are taking soon).
    And yes, the wife did pack her bags.......no bs.

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    I know a guy in East of Black Creek right on the ocean that has a 24’ Zeta. I haven’t talked with him for a few years and I don’t know if he’d sell it but I’ll dig up his contact and pass it on.

We're heading up to our summer campsite at Telegraph Cove tomorrow, hopefully till after the labor day weekend. Early fishing reports have been very promising on all accounts so I hope they hold up
    Pull the trigger all the way back.

Awesome rig..............