Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The heck with covid, I知 goin fishin fer 2 months

Re: The heck with covid, I知 goin fishin fer 2 months

I just spent 4 days fishing out of Port Hardy with my son last week. His ride is a 2525 Kingfisher decked out. The ride out to Cape Sutil is a definite sphincter test. Tide and wind with a <100' bottom can make the sea quite volatile. First trip for this ole gizzer. I prefer to ride on a halibut anchor on Taylor shelf to the north-west of Numas Island
    We didn't hook any chinook while out toward Sutil and it did not appear that the guides were doing well either. The postulated consensus was the fish were passing on the outside of Van Isle. We fished hard Wed-Sat, (on the water not later than 5:30 each morning, slept on the boat)
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Well, at least you got out!
    The guys i was to go with bailed.
    1 didn't think the winds were going to calm down, so he wasn't prepared and didn't do the repair to the bilge of his boat.
    The other didn't want to fish for Coho on the inside, only west side of island for Hali.
    Think i need to find better friends???

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    I've spent hundreds of days fishing Nootka the last 30+ years. If you are looking for a Hawg these days Nootka is not the place. Still lots of fish up to the low 20's but very few are caught over 30 these days and most of the lodges over there don't land one over 40 in a season. A few years back Nootka Marine Adventures only landed a few fish over 30 in all their boats combined and the Conuma hatchery sees very few fish over 30 return each year.

It sucks because I love fishing Nootka but I've seen the best it had to offer in the late 80's through the 90's and its just a poor shadow of its former self...

We're going to try Hardy this year for the 19th-24th of July. At least I'll get a change of scenery over Nootka and better chance to catch a clean fish without having to travel offshore. I've launched there and ran to Rivers a lot but this will actually be my first time fishing around Hardy.

I've never fished Nootka but looking forward to it, a good friend of mine set this trip up, the hog hunt is for Langara! Tight lines!!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

So finally of to Ucluelet.
    Leaving tomorrow to Nanaimo and then hit the west side on Saturday.
    Sounds like Port Renfrew will be a little to windy, but u never know what it will be until that day anyways.
    Hali, Lings, Salmon and hopefully some of that Cod!
    Maybe a couple Crab?

Have to double check all the Regs tonite.
    Fricking printed them out for several areas 24, 124, 23, 123 and even 121 (just in case)
    Like holding a bible!!

IF weather doesn't cooperate, than i guess Parksville will do.
    Heard the fishing around there has been good.

Fly fishing around Merritt for 7 days last week was alright, not stellar, but picked a few in the 22 - 24".
    One hell of a lightning show last Wednesday!
    Went on for 4 hours, but luckily the rain came down in buckets with it, so no fires close by, but i think a few started around
    Kammy from that night?
    Not very smoky, so all in all was a good week.

But now for the fun stuff and wicked scenery.