Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Reach Questions

Re: In Reach Questions

Not sure how it might work, but in Outlook or Gmail there is a method to have emails automatically forwarded to another email address

IR can handle the traffic for sure, I had two hunters using one IR to carry on daily businesses while on a sheep hunt. Annoying as all get out, I threatened to smash their unit, but soon it was all joking aside and clear they would be pounding the toggle at least four hours each day. Glad we finished early.
    Last edited by boxhitch; 06-15-2021 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Also in Yahoo mail
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Pic up a zoleo they're great. I use an InReach for searxh and rescue and zoleo for my personal device. You can use email with it.

I have found it to be very reliable.

So far my inreach has always sent my messages and it works in the truck or my home. I have not paired it with my phone as I don’t carry it if there is no cell service. Slow to type but that’s a small price to pay.

I've been an InReach user since they came out with their first device. They work pretty well but not perfectly, especially in steep mountains where you cannot see multiple satellites simultaneously.

I've had many messages that show as sent that were never sent. I've also missed many messages incoming over the years.

It is a good system, but you have to develop methodology that anticipates the shortcomings. My wife and I have it figured out pretty well. We add timestamps within our messages and clearly acknowledge receipt of each other's messages. "Rec'd message re: Moose down at 1630. Good for you! All good here". If I don't get a message acknowledging receipt I assume the message was not sent.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?