Hey, I'm trying to plan a 9 day Surf n Turf trip for the end of September and looking for ideas...

I've been looking at Stewart and Kitimat..i've never been to either place but it sounds like an adventure.

We would like to fish and hunt goats or deer from the boat or access areas by boat. We'll be bringing rods, down riggers, puller, prawn traps, crab traps, freezer and generator. We'd prefer to camp in the wilderness somewhere rather than town but will take what we can get.

Is there any ocean coho opportunity late september in either place?

How far do you need to go for decent bottom fishing?

Anybody wanna pm some general areas we'd see goats out of Kitimat or Stewart?

The family loves black bear ground meat, my gut tells me they wouldn't be worth shooting up there cause of the fish? Am I right?

Campground suggestions? Any boat access camp spots with docks or a river to pull into? I won't need much water as long as Im above the tide..

My boat will be a 16 foot Stryker aluminum tunnel hull RIB that is on it's way now which I have a 115/80 jet waiting for it. It has a 120 L tank and ill have to do a bunch of experimenting to find out cruising speed and gallons per hour loaded etc. My last boat was a soft bottom roll up inflatable with a 80/60 jet which we took everywhere including off the west coast of the charlottes so this should be an improvement in overall performance, I wouldn't be surprised if this one is better on fuel. That soft bottom had a ton of drag...

Not looking for a road map, just some general ideas to help guide the adventure. Thanks.