Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great spring bear hunt. Thanks to Srupp.

Thumbs up Re: Great spring bear hunt. Thanks to Srupp.

Congrats on the Double Down!
    Fine story too boot!

Not surprised Ol' Fudd got it right once again!

Cheer,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Great spring bear hunt. Thanks to Srupp.

Hmm old Fudd got it right twice again..lol..
    Interesting if read carefully just how many bears that were seen..numerous large boars..by Stu et all.
    Some areas are real peaches.
    I really do enjoy helping new hunters...and passing it on..as do so many others on this site.
    No one gets there alone Warren NKLS.gramps Ed was very instrumental in my education..as was Betty Franks,Clayton Mack ,Shelly Nichols, seems only fair to try and pass something on.
    One day Stu give me a call ?
    Sruppster.

Stu two very fine eating bears. Thanks for the great story and pics.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Well done congrats! Nice moose shed find too...

Thank you everyone for the kind words, also nice to know that some people enjoyed reading the story.

Quote Originally Posted by butthead View Post
    i just want to know why you packed the rims with you
    great story
    I wanted to bring them back so I can sell them to lessen the cost of the new wheels of course.

Quote Originally Posted by lakelander View Post
    Great story. Beautiful spot there by the lake for camping. Which lake is this if its not a secret?
    That is truly a nice spot, I don't think it would have been available if the travel restrictions weren't in effect. As for the location... you would have
    to ask Srupp. I don't think I supposed to put GPS locations to his secret honey-holes.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Congradulations Stu. Well done on not just one..but two black bears.great write up with photos,always appreciated.
    It was my priviledge to talk and chat and share some how to ideas for your trip.truth is there are no bad areas ..throw a dart at a map...lol but some are somewhat better.
    The WHY WHEN HOW is the most important ..when in the year..and when in the day....
    Thank you for your kind words..and we should do one more chat for part deux next year's hunt.
    Congradulations again
    Steven
    Yes, we should definitely chat again. Lets find a time that works for both on us via PM.
    It took me a while to write the story up as I'm not really a great storyteller. I could have made it three
    times longer but contrary to many people bored out of their mind, I have the opposite problem as I don't seem to
    find enough time to do much.

Hunts like this are the ones that will be retold at future hunts sitting by the campfire. It wouldn't be much of a story if I just
    went out shot a bear and went home.

Thank you once again, and looking forward chatting whit you again.

A vote for SRupp for the first inductee of the HBC Hall of Fame.

Haha Moose I agree. He helped me start out as well especailly regarding bear safety when alone in the woods. Congrats on the bear ! I myself got one the other day used every bit of meat for me and my dog, Euro'ed the skull and now i'm trying to decide what to do with the hide as i already have a nice bear rug. Curious as to what your plan is for the hide ?

Brilliant! Loved reading your story thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by robbiej793 View Post
    Haha Moose I agree. He helped me start out as well especailly regarding bear safety when alone in the woods. Congrats on the bear ! I myself got one the other day used every bit of meat for me and my dog, Euro'ed the skull and now i'm trying to decide what to do with the hide as i already have a nice bear rug. Curious as to what your plan is for the hide ?
    I was only going for meat, didn't take the hide. Don't really have and extra 1k to get it done into a rug. I kept the skull of the larger one and is getting the beetle treatment done atm.

Congratulations! Another solid for one of, if not the, most helpful guy on this site.