Thread: Steelhead Voices - Spinning Our Wheels

Thumbs up Steelhead Voices - Spinning Our Wheels

Spinning our Wheels

How many voices of how many persuasions, all claiming to be devoutly concerned about the future of wild salmon (steelhead are completely off the radar), are now engaged in the processes that are reasonably bracketed by the definition of “collaboration”? Wikipedia states “collaboration is the process of two or more people, entities or organizations working together to complete a task or achieve a goal. Collaboration is similar to cooperation”. Their definition goes on to state “Most collaboration requires leadership, although the form of leadership can be social within a decentralized and egalitarian group (defined as one believing in or based on the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities)“. Oops, all of a sudden the term collaboration is just slightly out of sync with what governments would have us believe recreational anglers are engaged in today.

http://steelheadvoices.com/?p=2459
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Steelhead Voices - Spinning Our Wheels

You know, i talked to a couple who i meet at the dog park.
    They both make Documentaries for a living.
    I have tried to tell them this specific issue with the Steelhead right here in the LM should be made public and that it
    might be a good idea for them to look into and think about doing.
    But then the reply is, "plenty of folks doing it already"...???
    And they mentioned one is doing it on the Fraser and about the slide (probably Big Bar).
    I had to explain to them that that was a different issue.
    I think that went over their heads.

Many folks just don't get it, or just don't care or all they hear is the sympathy card at play and believe the bs that the others
    were much better at being stewards of the land.

I try to tell them everyone was Nomadic at one time, and when populations are really low, like hundreds of years ago, that
    anybody can be stewards of the land, as small human populations have no impact on habitat and wildlife/fish.
    And i tried to tell them that the reason for conservation and regulations measures were started because places, like western
    Europe became to over populated and carrying on being Nomadic in nature could no longer be sustained, thus rules had and have
    to be implemented.
    Places where it isn't, have long since lost their wildlife.

And some folks here have to realize they no long live alone and its impossible to "live the old ways".
    Those times are gone and its a whole new reality now.

Politics and the Media are the key 2 sources to blame, imo.
    And the public is just to stupid and gullible.