Thread: BC Firearms Legislation

BC Firearms Legislation

How Important are your firearms to you?

Firearms legislation is being introduced at all levels of government.

The BCWF Firearms Committee and Recreational Sport Shooting Committee are working diligently to advocate against these unreasonable bans and regulations.

It’s easy to be cynical, and it’s harder to stand up for what you believe.

We are speaking up for you, and we ask that you take whatever effort you can to oppose legislation that will directly impact all our shooting ranges.

You CAN make a difference by using your voice.

This is a marathon we all need to take part in, and to do so together.

https://bcwf.bc.ca/initiatives/your-firearms-rights/

2. Site Sponsor

Thumbs up Re: BC Firearms Legislation

Good stuff.

Provincial

The province introduced Bill-4, the Firearm Violence Prevention Act, into the B.C. Legislature on March 3, 2021. Bill-4 consists of unnecessary restrictions that either duplicate the existing Criminal Code or impose additional and confusing provincial offences with no likelihood of reducing violent crime. Bill-4 will create additional administrative burdens and costs, directly and immediately harm many lawful citizens, and negatively impact Public Safety and Security. Many of the small and mediums size ranges in B.C. that also are used for training Law Enforcement Officers will likely have to close.

On March 18, 2021 BCWF President Bill Bosch sent this letter to Premier Horgan on behalf of the members and clubs.We encourage BCWF members to join us in contacting your local MLA. A template letter has been prepared for BCWF members and concerned members of the public. You are encouraged to share it widely. Find the template letter here.

We have also prepared background materials on the new provincial Bill-4. See here.

KUDOS for stepping up on these important matters!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: BC Firearms Legislation

Thanks for posting. Everyone should take a look at the already formulated letter sent from the BCWF to Jon Horgan. I have used this letter template, and sent it to my MLA. I would suggest that everyone does the same..

Done.

I've said this elsewhere, but I'll repeat it. I recently met with my MLA. Prior to doing so I told her assistant I'd be ranting and raving about more science for wildlife management, including predator management. He responded that I wouldn't have to rant too hard because they'd gotten lots of feedback from my fellow constituents that science and predator management were very important to the good people of North Van-Seymour.

That's proof that these campaigns work, because that response is a direct result of BCWF and WSS letter writing. No question.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Meeting with our MLA on Friday. Send a letter and support the Post Office. I suspect emails don't have the impact of a letter.

This is not the time for apathy.

They will all become illegal, be like Australia, disarm citizens.. just a matter of time.. unfortunately we are a minority when the rubber meets the road, but hey thank Ontario for voting the Turd in, and scary thing he will get in again with a majority then you’ll kiss them goodbye!
    just the inevitable with the libtards out east.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    They will all become illegal, be like Australia, disarm citizens.. just a matter of time.. unfortunately we are a minority when the rubber meets the road, but hey thank Ontario for voting the Turd in, and scary thing he will get in again with a majority then you’ll kiss them goodbye!
    just the inevitable with the libtards out east.
    I’m not talking aim at you BB, but there are a ton of negative rant posts on here saying that the sky is falling. They might be correct, but I can’t help think that instead of spending time writing about how we are all hard done by, (we all KNOW we are), the time would be 100 times better spent writing that snail mail letter to your local clown, or appropriate clown minister in Ottawa.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I'm not from Van or Surrey but everyone in BC should submit this letter as the nonsense has to stop

From the BCWF site https://bcwf.bc.ca/initiatives/your-...bed-9022-32523

"Under Bill C-21, municipal bylaws would be enforced by Ottawa by introducing conditions on legally registered handguns and,
    therefore, Bill C-21 ignores illegal handguns. If a municipality were to ban handguns, the RCMP would simply revoke the registrations of all legal handguns in that municipality.

Please use the template letter created by the Firearms and Recreational Sports Shooting Committees for meeting with Mayor and Councils.
    You are also able to communicate with two Mayors in the Lower Mainland who have expressed support for municipal hand gun bans by completing the letter below."
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Thumbs up Re: BC Firearms Legislation

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    I’m not talking aim at you BB, but there are a ton of negative rant posts on here saying that the sky is falling. They might be correct, but I can’t help think that instead of spending time writing about how we are all hard done by, (we all KNOW we are), the time would be 100 times better spent writing that snail mail letter to your local clown, or appropriate clown minister in Ottawa.

BINGO!!!

And I'll add that these poor attempts at signaling your virtue / angst on the various forums do nothing to further our cause. Do make you look rather foolish though.
    Invest the few minutes it takes to send in your own letter.
    MUCH more productive overall.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

guns? what guns?