Thread: Anyone want to help a guy get a bear?

Anyone want to help a guy get a bear?

Just wondering if theres anyone that might want to help a guy get into his first bear, ive gotten out most years since I've had my license and for some reason have zero luck. I finally had a shot a big one last fall but rushed the shot and missed him. I'm in langley but don't mind traveling (actually prefer getting a few hours away), have access to a quad and have been vaccinated if you're worried about that sort of thing.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by russm; 05-24-2021 at 08:06 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone want to help a guy get a bear?

I’m out of my area of knowledge, but I hope you find someone. Sounds like fun.

I'll help with letting you know the area. On Vancouver Island, the area between Bamfield and Nitinat is filled with bears. I hope it's ok that I'm posting this - there are many bears in this area, and never a lot of hunters. Whenever I'm in the area in the spring (April and May), I see lots of bears without trying (like driving on the road at 1 pm to camp and an hour later, a bear will run across the road).

If you are ever up in Prince George drop me a pm. Should have you on them in no time.

The area around Falkland has some decent bear activity!