Thread: Mission Rod and Gun rifle range distances

Mission Rod and Gun rifle range distances

Can't find on their website and their clubhouse is closed. Sighting in new scopes and I'm trying to figure out what distances they use on the general rifle range. Can someone help me out? Doing charts.

Cheers, Redemption.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mission Rod and Gun rifle range distances

I do believe that they are only allowing members. I saw something on there about a 300meter range only for 300 club members. I'd call the clubhouse when its open

25, 50, 100, 200 and 300 meters.

Everything is in meters EXCEPT the 300. It is in yards. They didn't have the distance for meters. Anyone can shoot out to 300 using the standard plywood butts. The target frames in the concrete butts are only for use at Club 300 or for matches.

far target is 292y
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

When the target frames are up they are probably 6-8 yds behind the boards, so probably correct

The target frames are at 300 yards as that was long range competition before metric.

The boards are set forward of the butts but generally around 297 . . . close enough to 300 yards for the girls I take out.

You are correct on the other target boards set at 25, 50, 100 and 200 metres.

One the left side are the Silhouette rimfire set at 40, 60, 77 and 100 metres.

The center fire silhouette stands are roughly 180, 220, 260 (may be a factor closer) and 300 metres (set on the far bank and may not be exact).
    The targets used are scaled appropriately.

Prior to the recent enlargement of the lease, the far left corner of the rifle range was inside 300 metres and once over the berm that was off property.

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaddict View Post
    Everything is in meters EXCEPT the 300. It is in yards. They didn't have the distance for meters. Anyone can shoot out to 300 using the standard plywood butts. The target frames in the concrete butts are only for use at Club 300 or for matches.
    ^^^This^^^
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

I went out in the bush to sight my rifle. Was very easy to do. Bought 100 yards of fishing line and strung it out on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa Joe View Post
    ^^^This^^^
    There is not a single target board at Mission that is 300 yards from any of the 9 benches. I laser range find each time I go and they are 291y or 292y depending which bench you’re at.

Next closest is 219-220y (varies by a few yards depending on which bench you’re on as the firing line is not totally perpendicular to boards).

Then 108-109y.

SB
    Last edited by Salmon Belly; 06-06-2021 at 09:13 PM.