Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moffat Lake moose?

Re: Moffat Lake moose?

Possibly Brad Bowden??? K

Most of the Moffat is in Stu Maitland’s territory, with smaller sections to south and southwest that are held by others.

Got an Leh out there in 2017, got my moose. Lots of wolf tracks as you get near Moffat lake, heard them howling all night. Found Grizz tracks in behind McIntosh lakes. Found a fresh gutpile from either a moose or cow the morning my Leh opened, I figure whatever animal it was, it was shot during dark. Came 24hrs later just to see howuch was eaten and it was COMPLETELY gone!!! Not a trace. We rented, if your tenting pack a good heater, your gonna need it.

Don't know the guides name, but ran into him lots over the years. He has the place on the 108 connector and Spout lk road main. I know he hunts more on B side around Spout lake. Lots of good areas.

Our moose last year was shot at about 7:30 am. By noon we were outta there all deboned. Went back to the cabin and got the wife and kids to watch as they had never seen it before and we were on a road with good access, so didn't start any work for a bit. Next morning when we went by, there was not even any traces of scraps on any of the bones that were left on site. Just hide and bones. Not enough for even 1 crow to eat for the day. Was truly amazed at that.