Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Ole Copper vs. Lead Debate

Re: The Ole Copper vs. Lead Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    you’re not wrong. I don’t have time to shoot nearly as much as I used to and my reloading gear still hasn’t been unpacked from our last move so I have a box of Remington core lokt in my safe at the moment!
    For sure, I mean I'd lean to the more premium ammo over the cheapest stuff for sure if that's the case as it will be more accurate on average. I still don't buy the cheapest, depends what I'm hunting too but usually mid to high range $ ammo. To me, quality optics and knowing how to shoot your gun and it's tendencies come before ultra premium ammo but I'm a pretty simple man haha.

Thank you everyone for all the comments/advice (including the video)! You're all right, at the end of the day it's up to my own capabilities, not the gear itself. However, with that being said, I've heard some good things on here about the LRX and 168 TTSX, so I think I'm going to pick up a box and see how they run through my Tikka 06. I will keep you all posted on how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    Thank you everyone for all the comments/advice (including the video)! You're all right, at the end of the day it's up to my own capabilities, not the gear itself. However, with that being said, I've heard some good things on here about the LRX and 168 TTSX, so I think I'm going to pick up a box and see how they run through my Tikka 06. I will keep you all posted on how it goes!
    If it was me I'd go with the 150 gr. TTSX which would be comparable to any 180 gr. non-mono bullet due to the MUCH higher retention of its original weight once it makes contact.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    If it was me I'd go with the 150 gr. TTSX which would be comparable to any 180 gr. non-mono bullet due to the MUCH higher retention of its original weight once it makes contact.
    Agreed, when I had a .30-06 I loaded 150gr ttsx and was able to pick one out of the far side hide of an elk and it kept almost 100% of its original weight. Perfect mushroom.

Agreed, when I had a .30-06 I loaded 150gr ttsx and was able to pick one out of the far side hide of an elk and it kept almost 100% of its original weight. Perfect mushroom.
    Nice keepsake for a once in lifetime Rosie elk!

Just had a thought,,,,,that's not what you had hanging from your ear in that last hunting photo I saw of you, was it?? haha

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    Nice keepsake for a once in lifetime Rosie elk!

Just had a thought,,,,,that's not what you had hanging from your ear in that last hunting photo I saw of you, was it?? haha
    no it’s hanging from my left nipple

no it’s hanging from my left nipple
    Coffee. Everywhere.

Glad people appreciated the video. It really helped me in better understanding bullet advertising, and also why the cheap bullets I use to use separated from the jacket.

Jesse....the 175 Lrx is a great choice....shoot me a pm if you'd like to see some of my reloading data using that bullet, I think I played around with 3 or 4 different powders, might give you a good idea where you want to start

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Been hunting with the 180gr ttsx in a 30-06 for a few years now. They are tough bullets. I shot a bear in the head at 6 yards, bullet went all the way though, broke pelvis on the way out.