Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East Harrison: is it still possible...

East Harrison: is it still possible...

...to find crown land (not rec site) places to car camp by the shore that aren't a total zoo?

We have an itch to go for a weekend fishing trip and take our little inflatable out close to shore and probably fish a bit from shore when it kicks up.

Used to catch some nice big cutties and some crayfish in there, but haven't been up that way in "camping season" for a number of years, but the pics I'm seeing resemble Woodstock (or "Jones") and stories of fights / car wrecks seem to come up every few days on social media.

If I take a drive down there (on a weekend to boot) hoping to find some decent place to ourselves with a little peace/quiet/privacy, am I going to turn red and have a stroke?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: East Harrison: is it still possible...

more spots on west side...last time we went to 20 mile bay we parked on a little side road that was up under the power line...

Both sides have turned into a shit show. Twenty mile bay on the West side would be your best bet as it’s a very rough 4x4 trail to the beach just before the bridge on the bottom of the switch back hill.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Thanks guys. I knew I was probably out to lunch.

I think I will just wait and give it a try later in the fall if we get deer hunting out of the way.

Maybe I'll just hit the day area at Hicks or Deer, fish the day and then find some less desirable cut block spur a few km up the east side to sleep or just drive home.

Not sure when I became such a cranky old man but my tolerance for crowds / yahoos went from average to zero. Getting about time to relocate

Drive further up the west side to the Lillooet River.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Drive further up the west side to the Lillooet River.
    That sounds like a fun little trip. I've actually only ever been up the west side once for a day trip (friend took us for a road hunt... wow that was about 8 years ago, time flies)

Weekends good luck finding a spot on east or west side, mid week a better chance for a decent spot, but always lots of traffic up there, finding a cool spot is half the fun sometimes, Good Luck.
    Rickady

What about boat access sites only. I have a 14' deep V Lund with a 25HP main and 5HP kicker. I'd like to solo boat camp like the Aussies do. Even ordered a Kings swagbag to sleep on the little boat on the calm nights.

Nav lights on of course........

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    What a bunch of morons. They are a disgrace to outdoorsmen. Err outdoorspeoplekind...........

Maybe campers in the area should bring something like this with them.