Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Disgusting find in the Okanagan

Re: Disgusting find in the Okanagan

There are not many legal sources where a collection of parts like this can be had, but they are out there
    Dumping of such a collection in this manner reeks of malicious intent imo
    The csi will tell if the question turns from 'how' to 'why'
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Any taxidermists out there with teenaged kids?
    "Hey Tommy, before you take the truck to town to chase tail you have to take the paw pile to the dump and here is $20 for tipping fees."
    "Yeah you bet Pa, I will definitely take those to the dump....."

**Hmmmmm.... Paws from 20 critters kicked out on the side of the road in the news a couple days after I tell my kid to take paws from 20 critters to the dump... I'm definitely going to smack him upside the head over this, but I am absolutely keeping my mouth shut when the CO comes asking because I am protecting my kid.**

That could NEVER be what happened....

OR, some place that served traditional bear paw soup had a freezer go down, or had a feeling that CO's were getting close to knocking on the door and needed to empty a freezer in a hurry.
    There was a thread on CGN a couple weeks ago about a guy asking the best way to remove hair from bear paws for traditional meals...

Does the media ever report how Fanny the Flying Finn race horse got turned into glue.

Effin media and its spins.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Ontop of that its A LOT OF DEAD fawn eaters..
    and that's a GOOD thing ! RJ

Hmm don't think it's a reputable taxidermist...consequences too large..
    This scenario is baffling...hmm someone who poached already has no concerns? But bear paws still have value in being sold..
    Things that make me go hmmm,,,
    Srupp

I smell a dirty rat . When Grand Chief Stewart Phillip was on Global news the other day bragging all about how " They " are the keepers of the land and FN respect the Bears and "they" would never harm any animals .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    I smell a dirty rat . When Grand Chief Stewart Phillip was on Global news the other day bragging all about how " They " are the keepers of the land and FN respect the Bears and "they" would never harm any animals .
    Your also mentioning one of the worst chiefs here in BC.
    Thankfully we have other chiefs who do not have is attitude 24/7.
    Oh, and did i mention, he is far from being right most of the time when he speaks.

Bear Paw Caper Resolved - Sept 21,2022

In May of 2021, a gruesome scene struck North Shuswap, B.C. Passersby stumbled upon dozens of skinned and severed bear paws scattered across Forest Road 695 in the Little Shuswap Lake Band territory, a local Indigenous Nation.

Initially, B.C.’s Conservation Officer Service suspected poaching, but after a year-long investigation, the service has finally uncovered who was responsible for the discarded animal parts: a taxidermist.
    The bear paws fell out of the back of a taxidermist’s truck while driving along Forest Road 695 last spring. In a statement released at the time of the incident, the Union of B.C. Indian Chiefs (UBCIC) estimated that there were between 80 to 100 bear paws scattered along the road.
    Conservation officers confirmed that the taxidermist was in legal possession of the bear paws and that the wildlife parts have no connection with poaching or any black market trafficking.
    5 misconceptions about bears
    The taxidermist is cooperating with authorities, the Conservation Officer Service said in a statement. Typically, the incorrect disposal of wildlife parts would land the taxidermist a $115 littering fine under the Environmental Management Act. But in lieu of the fine, the taxidermist has offered a substantial donation to the Little Shuswap Lake Band’s Watershed Stewardship Guardian Program. The program is designed to train community members in bear awareness, public safety, and attractant management.
    “The [Conservation Officer Service] and the [Little Shuswap Lake Band] are pleased this donation will have a more meaningful impact to the community and wildlife,” the Conservation Officer Service said.
    The service did not release the size of the donation, but did say that it far exceeded the amount of the littering fine.
    Any wildlife carcasses or parts, regardless of whether they’re the result of hunting, taxidermy, or other activities, must be disposed of in a lawful and ethical manner, the service stressed. Kamloops, the closest major city to where the incident took place, states that small wildlife can be double bagged and placed in a garbage bin, while larger wildlife needs to be brought to landfill sites.

“This is to avoid alarming passersby, as well as attracting dangerous wildlife to an area frequented by people, which can create a public safety risk,” the service said.
    Individuals who witness wildlife carcasses or parts being disposed of improperly in B.C. can report the violation to the Report All Poachers and Polluters (RAPP) hotline at 1-877-952-7277. If the incident occurs outside of B.C., look up the local Ministry of Natural Resources or conservation authority. Every province in Canada has a hotline for reporting poaching.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    and that's a GOOD thing ! RJ
    Yes sir.. umm eating pepperoni right now..

Quote Originally Posted by antlerking View Post
    How many have taken the time to skin out a bear’s paws? Not a fun job very time consuming and delicate. Definitely not a poacher, the paws and gallbladders are the items that a poacher would kill the bears for. 100% someone that’s getting paid to skin those paws from a hide. Either outfitter, taxidermist or tanner made a bad choice of where to discard!
    hmmm yup my thought..skin out paws to throw them out..unlikely
    no claws..looks exactly like a outfitter or taxidermist would do with a paw...however discarding them like this would certtainly attracted penalties..
    hmmm
    Steven