Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgusting find in the Okanagan

Re: Disgusting find in the Okanagan

A bloody deer carcass with legs, ribs, skin, dumped on the side of a busy farm road when there is bush all around, that's the problem. Basically in front of a farmers driveway. If I have to explain the poor decision made by this hunter to you, well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    If you seen enough skinned our Bear Paws, you would instantly recognize a Bear Cup Paw.

I am always leery of reports with a proper date like Day-Month-Year.

If this happened recently, no doubt the COs will be hard on the Culprits Trail by now. Support them with all you know. This reeks of industrial scale Poaching and somebody got cold Feet.

Cheers
    I get that. What I'm asking is how has it been determined that there are cub paws? Have you seen the paws in question? Has a CO seen them and determined they were from a cub? Or is it speculation from the individual that discovered them, and sensationalization from the media?
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Wasn't there a road side stop a few years ago that was a large scale poaching operation involving wildlife. Lets give the CO'S all the support we can to remove this type of violation and bring justice to those involved.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by kolofardos View Post
    I get that. What I'm asking is how has it been determined that there are cub paws? Have you seen the paws in question? Has a CO seen them and determined they were from a cub? Or is it speculation from the individual that discovered them, and sensationalization from the media?
    I go by what the OP wrote for everybody to read. Unless you know more we are in the same Boat

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Is there even a market for bear gall bladders since the invention of the little blue pill? I would hardly think that bear paws alone would be worth the risk of being caught.

I’m thinking taxidermist too.

Quote Originally Posted by sakohunter View Post
    Wasn't there a road side stop a few years ago that was a large scale poaching operation involving wildlife. Lets give the CO'S all the support we can to remove this type of violation and bring justice to those involved.
    So it's confirmed this was from poaching?
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    Is there even a market for bear gall bladders since the invention of the little blue pill? I would hardly think that bear paws alone would be worth the risk of being caught.

I’m thinking taxidermist too.
    I imagine there likely still is a very active market, lots of bizzare thing people will do with their money. If there is enough money the risk then becomes worth it, just look at narcotics as an example.

My initial thought was poaching until. I stopped and reevaluate, seems like a lazy taxidermist dump site. (Poacher could of gotten "cold feet" though.

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily;[URL="tel:2256452"
    2256452[/URL]]C.O.'s investigating...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...82011641840394
    And it will not be a poacher . Someone with poor decision making yes but not a poacher.

Remember, there may be a situation where poaching is not really called poaching. This is based on the ancestry of the poacher. Other than wondering why the guy didn't just go to the dump, I don't see the issue. That area has a lot of bears. Sometimes, people shoot them.
    Don't dump stuff along the road. It's stupid. GD