Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leather Boot Care

Re: Leather Boot Care

From my experience it is difficult to objectively quantify/qualify the best wax/treatment for your leather boots. I think a previous poster on this thread summed it up well when he said, "...whatever you use, use it often...".

Over the years I've used most everything that has been on the market. I found they all more or less worked if applied regularly.

At this point I use pine tar and bees wax, if I am on a fly in, or I do not have a heat gun, or I just want the convenience I'll just use a can of Dubbin or something along those lines.

After over a decade of use I have found the bees wax to be very good for my leather goods.

I use saddle soap to clean my boots and then SnoSeal to treat. I use a heat gun after I SnoSeal to get it to penetrate into the leather.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

This is the GOOD Stuff to use ! jmho RJ

I forgot to add another great trip I learned years back. Before you put anything on your boots, treat all the seams and stitching with a good seam sealer. I use "seamgrip". This rubberized coating goes a long ways in protecting and waterproofing the seams/stitching on your boots. Once a year I clean them really good and re apply.

Awesome thanks!!

I’ve tried them all..
    What I find works best is Mink oil in paste form.
    I also put the Scarpa sl Active in the oven
    for 10 min at 200f before hand...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..