Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Travelling to the island for the long weekend

Re: Travelling to the island for the long weekend

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    Where are these "mobility rights"?
    Section 6 of the Charter of Rights And Freedoms. Mobility rights are guaranteed except if the government can prove in court justifiable restrictions. All levels of government are claiming that a world pandemic creates justification.

The main problem is not that the government is creating these restrictions to me, but rather the courts are refusing to hear cases. Judges have openly said that they are not Drs and as such can not determine what actions are best.

No one is asking a judge to create a medical plan to lead us out of this. People are asking if their rights are being infringed.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

We live in times where for many people it is all about ME. They use all manner of reasons but the bottom line is basically it is all about ME. They behave as they wish.

Discussion is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by BowsUp View Post
    We live in times where for many people it is all about ME. They use all manner of reasons but the bottom line is basically it is all about ME. They behave as they wish.

Discussion is futile.
    With that being said.......your right but it’s a 2 way street. People on both sides are only concerned with themselves.

If your scared, wear your mask, sanitize your hands, stay 6’ apart, and get your “ vaccine “ and I’ll continue to wear a mask and keep my distance but I’m not going to stop living my life because your scared.

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    We are 14 months into 14 days to flatten the curve. The world hasn’t ended yet. It’s illogical to believe the “we are almost there” bs. If the “don’t travel” folks are serious, you need to shut down the constant truck traffic that has continued unabated for 14 months. Those drivers hug their kids who go to school etc. Their partners work so over , healthcare included. Pretending that a dude pulling cabinets or bear hunting will put you at serious risk of death while the constant stream of trucks bringing your stuff to Costco continues is not logically sound. If you are scared, stay home.
    Thank dog someone else gets it!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I don’t if anyone has but I’ve been seeing a lot of US plated cars this weekend, I’m used to seeing the odd one but it seems like a spike? Weird
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by BowsUp View Post

Discussion is futile.
    True. There are people demanding that I stay at home and behave the way they dictate so that they fell safer. Because feeling safe is more important then being safe. Because they can't deal with their own problems. These people also demand that I not drive my truck and not eat meat so that they feel better about themselves.

I wear a mask to protect ME from airborne viruses and received a vaccination to protect ME from getting sick. You can do whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    Section 6 of the Charter of Rights And Freedoms. Mobility rights are guaranteed except if the government can prove in court justifiable restrictions. All levels of government are claiming that a world pandemic creates justification.

The main problem is not that the government is creating these restrictions to me, but rather the courts are refusing to hear cases. Judges have openly said that they are not Drs and as such can not determine what actions are best.

No one is asking a judge to create a medical plan to lead us out of this. People are asking if their rights are being infringed.
    Don't see how your rights to live or work in another province or leave the country have been violated unless your going "Karen" on us. Whether you agree or disagree with temporary actions taken to prevent the spread of covid, the elected government of the day, like them or not, has the power to act to how it feels best to protect the lives of our people. I would suspect the "Right to life," by far out ways the perceived "Right" of recreation travel.

Never said that I agree or disagree with the actions. I am just saying that the Charter guarantees Canadian Citizens the right to travel anywhere in the country.

But I fully suspect that if it went to court a judge would rule that the current restrictions are justifiable. I have no problem with that. I actually did cancel my bear trip because of the health order. I do have a problem with the courts refusing to hear cases because they claim they are not experts on infectious diseases. No one asked them to be, the case was being argued on the law and the charter. They are supposed to be experts on that.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Provincial Health orders trump the right to travel freely throughout the land in a Pandemic Health Crisis.
    That’s just the way it is.. Some people beak off about restrictions and have no concern for others safety.
    Get with the program folks or we will have Covid with us for a longer period!

Quote Originally Posted by abbyfireguy View Post
    Provincial Health orders trump the right to travel freely throughout the land in a Pandemic Health Crisis.
    That’s just the way it is.. Some people beak off about restrictions and have no concern for others safety.
    Get with the program folks or we will have Covid with us for a longer period!
    This is 2021, that message was for 2020.