Thread: Leupold VXL

Leupold VXL

Im looking at buying one of these scopes to put on the new rifle Im buying. However I checked out some reviews on it and supposedly people are saying it fogs up in wet weather. Anyone have any experience with these scopes?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Leupold VXL

I can't see any Leupold fogging up, they have a great product and a fantastic warranty. I've owned a number of them and in my opinion they are the best for the money period

I also cant see how the VXL in particular would fog? It is just a VX3 with a weird objective
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

WEll if they get wet they do, especially if you close your lens caps.
    I have a VX-L and a VXIII and they both will if the prior happens.
    There is no such thing as a no fog lens. IF something is wet and it is exposed to a warmer temperature, its going to fog.
    Some are just better than others.

Its a great scope. You will be happy with it. I have the 3.5-10x50mm B&C.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Remington;Have no fear.As with all Leupolds,they're excellent.I have had a VXL for a couple of years now,no problems what-so-ever.It's been on sheep hunts,deer hunts and antelope hunts,I love it!!!

Middle to upper, lower fraser valley mountain

I just purchased a VXL 4.5 - 14 x 56mm and i love mine too. You cant buy lens caps for them as far as i know because of the barrel relief....
    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

I'm a vegetarian. I eat things that eat vegetables..........

Leupold is supposed to be working on that...wont be long Id think till they figure out a way to get some Aluminas on the end
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Middle to upper, lower fraser valley mountain

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Leupold is supposed to be working on that...wont be long Id think till they figure out a way to get some Aluminas on the end
    Please let me know if and when they do. I hate walking around in the bush with my optics uncovered......
    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

I'm a vegetarian. I eat things that eat vegetables..........