Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: True North Forum - SCAM?

True North Forum - SCAM?

Hey guys,

Sorry about the thread - Gmail flagged the email as potential "phishing" or a scam. I spoke with Dan who has also commented below. I've removed my comments of worry as they were unfounded. I hurt some feelings and stirred the pot a bit so I'm trying to cool things and calm the dram.

In summary it was not a scam - just myself and Gmail being over-cautious of clicking links.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Last edited by Golddust; 05-13-2021 at 12:35 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: True North Forum - SCAM?

I got that too.

It's from the other hunting forum in BC I think. Not sure. I made an account there when they first made it, so nobody could take my username but I never really go to it.

I got the same thing but haven't been on that site for years and only went to have a quick look around when HBC was down for a few days some time back.

True North is Big Shots, Big Shots is True North....laces out, Dan!
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Oh for christ sake of you got an email you are a member. Dan, Bowwalker and TNOF(bigshots) has been around since 2012. Nothing spammy about him or the site. The email you got was for members only so?.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

E mails sent out by site owner-DAN. to our members on TNOF......a.k.a. BIGSHOTS......
    ......no scams going on!!!!! NAHMINT-.MOD.............aka POPS.
    admjn/mods here have my home e mail address
    Thems APACHE out yonder,. save the last bullet fer yerself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who needs another hunting forum?

I can get all my Politics, Covid, Sasquatch and best tire to buy info by just coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Golddust View Post
    Hey guys,

just got an e-mail this morning about a true-north hunting forum. It was from a very generic name (Dan) and a generic e-mail address. I didnt click on the link but googled the forum name and then went to the website. It looks like a bad knock-off of this site. I didn't click anything because I'm on the work PC. But do you guys know anything? Looks to me like it might be a scam to get people to enter their user names and passwords to this site on there to then hack in? potential anti - hacking? I dunno....

Did anyone else get this e-mail or know anything about it?

Cheers,
    Tony
    Tony - you are so far out to lunch that it is laughable if it were not so far from the truth.
    I own that site. I sent the email. My email address is NOT "generic" The site is NOT a "bad knock off" in any way shape or form.

You actually joined that site in Feb of 2016 and have contributed absolutely zero. It's too bad that you got my bulk email to members. If I had known that you had not visited since you joined I would not have taken the trouble to include you.

Dan - yes that's my name, and has been for over 72 years.

I got the email too, sounds like a scam
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Thanks Mark.... you, of all people?