Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I reading the regs correctly? No ATV at all during certain times in certain zones.

Re: Am I reading the regs correctly? No ATV at all during certain times in certain zo

It’s for walking hunters. I would also ride in before 4am.

Re: Am I reading the regs correctly? No ATV at all during certain times in certain zo

Quote Originally Posted by fishhunt View Post
    Hi, Reading the regs and I see the following....

ATVs and Snowmobiles for Hunting Closed Areas( See page 12): The operation of snowmobiles and ATVs (including motorcycles and electric bicycles) for the purpose of hunting, to transport wildlife, to transport firearms or equipment and supplies which are intended for or in support of hunting, or to transport a hunter to or from the location of wildlife is prohibited in these areas.
    MU 5-3 from 4:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. from Sept 1 to Nov 30.

So this means that you can't drive an ATV from 4 am to 10 am in ANY part of 5-03 from Sept 1 to Nov 30, for hunting purposes. So if you submit for limited entry moose and get it, you better be prepared to not use an ATV from 4 am to 10 am? Not that I'm opposed to that, but kind of don't like limiting myself.

Does anyone know why certain areas have time restrictions for ATV's? I can't really understand why. Maybe guessing that any work in the area (logging, etc.) may have large trucks on the road in the morning and they've had accidents in the dark? Just trying to make a guess.

nice tip
    thanks