Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DIY titanium stove build

Re: DIY titanium stove build

Thanks guys.

I’ll check out the fastenall stuff for sure. I’ll have to take a look at the Kni-co stuff for ideas.

Looks awesome!

Looks really good!

I may have enough titanium sheet metal to make one like this.
    Somewhere have a box of rivets too.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

The vent probably doesn’t need to be anything fancy. Do you think you could cut the bottom portion of the door(stove side) on an angle and close the door all the way for no air flow and open the door part way for some airflow?
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Well since I finally got around to finishing this, I set it up while camping this weekend to test it out. I ended up just ordering the remaining parts I needed from Seek Outside. Not sure what it weighs but it feels a little heavier than I'd hoped but as I mentioned previously the titanium sheet metal I used is 0.025" and I think the commercial ones probably use 0.020". I also went with a bit longer stove pipe in case I want to get a bigger tent for family use.

Should be nice for next week's hunting trip!

Seriously impressed with your skills and thinking THANK YOU for sharing.
    I have a small stove for heating water..meals made by a Russian scientest bought as a gift..absurdly small,light and works incredibly well.
    Srupp

I was hoping to make one similar, but I can't find my titanium sheet metal pieces.
    I may have lost them during moving last fall.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Looks awesome. Make sure to post a long term review once you had a chance to use it a few times

Thanks guys. I'm heading out for a week tomorrow so I will get some quality time with it to see what works and what doesn't.