Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wildlife, and Habitat in British Columbia Leads to the Formation of a New Coalition

Re: Wildlife, and Habitat in British Columbia Leads to the Formation of a New Coaliti

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to post this Andrew.

I can understand the hesitation or opinion regarding 'strange bed fellows'. Having been involved in this process I can assure you, wildlife, fish (unless it pertains to water) and habitat is not at all on the radar of the current Government. With varying future objectives, I can tell you staying focused on 'what is best for fish and wildlife' to turn the declining populations around is a challenge. The meetings are often slow and feel like they don't make progress.

At the end of the day, only one thing matters. That Government realize there are a lot of voters outside of the major population areas, who have strong opinions about the state of wildlife and these 'voters' are demanding action. Budget allocation, re organization, regional operations management, actual f-ing work on the ground. And being held accountable to the objective of healthier wildlife populations.

Having worked with some of these people that I know we tend to hesitate shaking hands with, they are good, well meaning people with the same agenda. More wildlife. We can fight about what to do with more wildlife once we see some populations turn around.

If is actually about more wildlife as you say and not just ungulates then it may be good.

Re: Wildlife, and Habitat in British Columbia Leads to the Formation of a New Coaliti

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    You got to be kidding, the "bear viewers" will always be anti-hunting.
    Ya I don't know about these types of ppl I have no experience with them, but what do you believe is our best course of action then?

Look Folks,

If there is no wildlife (or lets say too little), THEN, there is NO HUNTING OPPURTUNITIES!!!!
    So, you want to hunt, YOU NEED THE WILDLIFE!!
    Its pretty simple.

Now, as JT has said, when and if this coalition gets traction, and government listens......
    THEN we can figure out who gets what and where we can hunt.

And, if we do get more wildlife, and yet we lose more opportunity .....
    Well, then i propose we burn down the parliament house with the politicians in it
    French Style you could say!

But, NO GAME, NO HUNT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Look Folks,

If there is no wildlife (or lets say too little), THEN, there is NO HUNTING OPPURTUNITIES!!!!
    So, you want to hunt, YOU NEED THE WILDLIFE!!
    Its pretty simple.

Now, as JT has said, when and if this coalition gets traction, and government listens......
    THEN we can figure out who gets what and where we can hunt.

And, if we do get more wildlife, and yet we lose more opportunity .....
    Well, then i propose we burn down the parliament house with the politicians in it
    French Style you could say!

But, NO GAME, NO HUNT.
    Well said! At this point we are squabbling over the last crumbs. We need to put the cookie back together before we can work out who gets what

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Ya I don't know about these types of ppl I have no experience with them, but what do you believe is our best course of action then?

I wish I had the answer, most of the organizations on the list are alright, but the ones that
    want conservation only, wilderness tourism and wildlife viewing outfits are usually against hunting.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

I wish I had the answer, most of the organizations on the list are alright, but the ones that
    want conservation only, wilderness tourism and wildlife viewing outfits are usually against hunting.
    Well i can understand having reservations but if we are all at the table we may learn a thing or 2 about each other. They may be surprised how passionate hunters can be about wildlife. Because of where we are at I'm willing to give it a shot. We need voices and voters to turn things around.

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    Well i can understand having reservations but if we are all at the table we may learn a thing or 2 about each other. They may be surprised how passionate hunters can be about wildlife. Because of where we are at I'm willing to give it a shot. We need voices and voters to turn things around.

You got a good point
    Maybe they can be educate about hunting.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Shane Mahoney has been preaching this for a while.
    We may not like strange bedfellows like CPAWS, Y2K...etc but we are getting no where separately. By putting our differences aside and focusing on our similarities we may have a chance to get our government to finally make fish and wildlife a priority.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

You got a good point
    Maybe they can be educate about hunting.
    And maybe some hunters can be educated about wildlife and conservation.