Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here We Go Again

Here We Go Again

I have spent decades in this area running trail cams and enjoying general outdoor activities yr round.
    Of the hundreds and hundreds of trips over the years I have never see any First Nations presence.
    Now all of sudden the area is being restricted by FN post fire.

One thing I have learned is when a position is taken you need to ask who, what, why, where, when.
    In this case it is Why. Why all off a sudden is this area being shut down by a group of folks I HAVE NEVER SEEN IN THIS PARTICULAR AREA EVER.

Morel mushrooms are a by product after a fire and are prolific the first yr and very lucrative financially.

So, I asked myself why the sudden need to control access of an area that previously has never had an FN presence, has never been an area of interest until now?
    What frustrates me is the Gov bows and supports this type of behavior.

Get used of it folks.

https://www.summerlandreview.com/new...sed-to-public/

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Here We Go Again

It's not restricted by FNs, but by the Ministry of natural resources.
    Big horn sheep protection as it reads in the article.

The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development issued a notice on May 12 that the damaged area, part of an established habitat for at-risk bighorn sheep, would be closed to the public.

Government is going into bed with FNs every time it suits them.
    Typically when you have 2 generally opposing sides collaborating on things that is mostly so they can always blame the other party and protect themselves from their own electorate.

1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Put on a mask and put up blockades like they do. Then someone might listen.
    BCWF
    CCFR
    CSSA

Public hanging need to be brought back, starting with the biggest criminals in this country, the politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    It's not restricted by FNs, but by the Ministry of natural resources.
    Big horn sheep protection as it reads in the article.

The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development issued a notice on May 12 that the damaged area, part of an established habitat for at-risk bighorn sheep, would be closed to the public.

Government is going into bed with FNs every time it suits them.
    Typically when you have 2 generally opposing sides collaborating on things that is mostly so they can always blame the other party and protect themselves from their own electorate.

Do you think the BC Gov implemented this measure solely on their own initiative.
    Wake up.

The area get's as much traffic as a 500 lb hooker with a limp.
    There has been next to no concerns for wildlife disruption in this area other than bike trails on the fringe that have never been challenged.
    Why the sudden change of policy one would ask?

If that was the case the Skaha climbing cliffs would have been shut down yrs ago ( key lambing area for California Bighorn )
    Nope, still open. Just the burn is closed where next to no one goes.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Huk View Post
    Put on a mask and put up blockades like they do. Then someone might listen.
    that's terrorism!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

why are they doing it, cause they want to join the band wagon as well.. gimme, gimme, gimme.
    as well no fishing, no hunting, now, no jade mining. tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlydick View Post
    why are they doing it, cause they want to join the band wagon as well.. gimme, gimme, gimme.
    as well no fishing, no hunting, now, no jade mining. tired of it.

Mushroom picking

No jade mining..? Huh?
    Hmmm
    Srupp

I've seen dried advertised at $130 per pound
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

A friend of mine works for the Province in the Cariboo region and their office deals with every permit request to do with crown land in the area. You guys are screwed and if you only knew half of what is going to be given away there would be an uprising. It will be death of a thousand cuts. Enjoy things while you can because a lot of your freedom to move around out in the field is going to be greatly curtailed in the near future..