Thread: Different Bears? Cam footage

Different Bears? Cam footage

So I have a spot on private property that I'm able to hunt anytime, and I put a cam up to watch the traffic for the last few weeks. Went out today to take a look, and my cam is all torn up and barely hanging on the strap holding it to the tree. At first I thought someone on the property had gone a little nuts and wrecked my stuff. Turns out, bears are just curious about things that don't look normal on trees! There are quite a few videos of said camera in the bears mouth which I find highly entertaining, and after the camera changes angles, it shows what looks to me to be two different bears. The one walking away is the one who was munching on the cam, the one walking toward the camera I believe is a different bear. Let me know what you think.

https://imgur.com/qxGNi3l
    https://imgur.com/AbJBmra

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Different Bears? Cam footage

Looks like the one walking towards the camera is a lot bigger and has a darker muzzle.

2nd one looks bigger.

Bears are notorious for damaging game cams. Your best bet is to build a spiked box, preferably from metal secured by lag bolts and a cable lock. They don’t like wrapping their mouths around anything with spines.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I would have to agree. 2nd bear looks more mature
    WSSBC
    CCFR