Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Offensive ad...

Re: Offensive ad...

Just saw the gang news after looking. Cactus Club food is so full of sodium, you’re taking your life in your hands eating there as is, without the added risk of gunshots... Gang violence has nothing to do with us, but as we all know, there will be a whole bunch of anti gun comments etc on the horizon. It would be nice if the RCMP would release to media whether or not the guns used in these shootings were legal or not once they get that info. Not that the media would ever report the results.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

"Some people would find it offensive" . I think some peoples first thought when they wake up is What can I be offended about today

No doubt a picture without blood and and empty eye sockets looks so much better...

I believe Europeans often pose the dead animal with a little grass in it's mouth... as if it died happily...
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterFSJ View Post
    I guess I'm not very popular with quite a few folks on this forum these days. I really was not trying to piss anybody off - merely commenting on one particular photo.
    I have been a hunter for 60 years now and have seen many dead animals. Pictures of dead animals have never bothered me until I saw the "offending" photo. Those skinned out heads with all the blood and gore and bits of skin and eyeballs just didn't appeal to me. I was a an outdoor magazine writer and photographer for many years.
    I would never have submitted a photo like this for publication. Unfortunately, in this day and age of anti-hunting sentiments, this is more important than ever. These days, most of the outdoor magazines out there (and I read them all), including BC Oudoors, have written articles about how we hunters should be careful about how we represent ourselves to the general public.. This is, of course, especially in terms of social media. I am NOT advocating that we should be be ashamed of what it is we do or try to hide it.
    I am proud to be a hunter! I have posted more than my share of dead animal pics on this forum. I, personally, don't even have a problem seeing such pictures on a hunting forum. It is when they appear in mainstream publications that I begin to worry.
    Thank you for all your comments, both pro and con...

I can understand the point you were making, I didn't think it is a stretch for most to try to understand it, perhaps not offensive but I would agree to call it poor taste...it was more than just a magazine, I also thought about why they chose that pic when WSS posted it on their FB

the lady who killed the wolf sure didn't get a lot of sympathy from this forum, what's the difference really?

dead wolf pics = bad
    dead ungulates = good?
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    I can understand the point you were making, I didn't think it is a stretch for most to try to understand it, perhaps not offensive but I would agree to call it poor taste...it was more than just a magazine, I also thought about why they chose that pic when WSS posted it on their FB

the lady who killed the wolf sure didn't get a lot of sympathy from this forum, what's the difference really?

dead wolf pics = bad
    dead ungulates = good?
    I am going to put this out there, and see what others think.

We talk about "brainwashing" thru repetitive media, which is worst then ever, but has existed forever.
    Have we allowed our "own industry" to brain wash us?
    What do i mean?

Well, much of what we see on tv or magazines, which was the main way to "advertise" or get the message out there, was and
    still is (if you look at many of the hunting shows on tv), is from folks (usually GO's) trying to "sell their hunts".
    Sure, how to hunt such and such (to a degree) , but really, it is to showcase their company, to get as many clients as possible.
    And, what do they showcase most, to convince you to go there?
    IT's "we've got the biggest antlered such in such anywhere around".
    And sometimes its a shame, because i know a GO right now that cant find many clients, because the hunting is piss poor in his
    territory.
    But damn, the territory is beautiful none the less.

But haven't we brain washed ourselves when it comes to hunting.
    We just have to show off the rack, the bone, the length.
    Its just become inherent in us to do so, to expect to do so etc.

But, is that the only reason we hunt or fish???
    I don't think so.
    We have allowed the industry to make us look like that's all we care about.
    Because they are selling themselves to you because you need to have the biggest buck in the valley.
    And in the end, that is the message the non hunting public sees.

We have to do better.
    We have to rebrand hunting.
    We have to show folks "Why we hunt".
    Not just that miniscule moment in time when it actually comes together and it just so happened to be a tank.

We have to rethink "who we are and why we do it"
    Fix ourselves first and then other can start to see what it is really about.
    Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post

dead wolf pics = bad
    dead ungulates = good?
    I got flak from some friends and relatives when I posted this pic... then I explained how all we saw were wolf tracks everywhere and no deer... and that the pack was coming in fast to a cow moose call...

. . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    I’m offended I’m not the one holding one of those Brutes
    This ! But maybe this FALL Season again eh Bare ? RJ

I have no issues with that picture being in a magazine. These days no matter what you do someone will be offended... Stand up and be proud of who you are and what you enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by scttlp86 View Post
    I have no issues with that picture being in a magazine. These days no matter what you do someone will be offended... Stand up and be proud of who you are and what you enjoy!
    Yes, we should be proud of it.
    And we should enjoy what we do.
    But, this is about being able to enjoy it in "the future".
    We aren't winning over the non hunting public if anyone has bothered to notice.
    Example, look at guns laws and further restrictions due to folks who don't own guns and "don't understand".
    We are headed the same way, and the low game #'s will further that attitude as again, the public doesnt know the "real issues".
    They see what they see, and they interpret it as such.
    And yes, cant make folks "think differently" it seems, especially these days.
    So, maybe it doesn't matter.
    In the end, i see hunting going like guns.
    Law abiding, have it taken away.
    Want to hunt or own guns, you have to so illegally one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I am going to put this out there, and see what others think.

We talk about "brainwashing" thru repetitive media, which is worst then ever, but has existed forever.
    Have we allowed our "own industry" to brain wash us?
    What do i mean?

Well, much of what we see on tv or magazines, which was the main way to "advertise" or get the message out there, was and
    still is (if you look at many of the hunting shows on tv), is from folks (usually GO's) trying to "sell their hunts".
    Sure, how to hunt such and such (to a degree) , but really, it is to showcase their company, to get as many clients as possible.
    And, what do they showcase most, to convince you to go there?
    IT's "we've got the biggest antlered such in such anywhere around".
    And sometimes its a shame, because i know a GO right now that cant find many clients, because the hunting is piss poor in his
    territory.
    But damn, the territory is beautiful none the less.

But haven't we brain washed ourselves when it comes to hunting.
    We just have to show off the rack, the bone, the length.
    Its just become inherent in us to do so, to expect to do so etc.

But, is that the only reason we hunt or fish???
    I don't think so.
    We have allowed the industry to make us look like that's all we care about.
    Because they are selling themselves to you because you need to have the biggest buck in the valley.
    And in the end, that is the message the non hunting public sees.

We have to do better.
    We have to rebrand hunting.
    We have to show folks "Why we hunt".
    Not just that miniscule moment in time when it actually comes together and it just so happened to be a tank.

We have to rethink "who we are and why we do it"
    Fix ourselves first and then other can start to see what it is really about.
    Just my thoughts.
    When you say brain washing and repetitive media. Do you mean
    like all the predator stuff Mpotzold and many others post.