Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is hunting still considered essential?

Re: Is hunting still considered essential?

We are free to travel. Don’t get sucked into this crap. Ask any RCMP if they can stop you or demand to know your reasons. This virus is nasty but not near as nasty as the cure our governments are imposing. It’s a virus and will never go away. Use common Sense get vaccine and enjoy every day you have. I’m really tired of all the fear tactics and the “ deadly virus”. Do some research on numerous sites it’s a nasty virus but not the deadly doomsday killer they portray. Just my 2 cents. Kinda like the stories Trudeau is trying to portray about all our assaults rifles

The intent of the travell ban is to slow the spread of Covid the covid ridden lowermainlanders will spread it through the interior faster than the elephant hill fire nuked cache creek... espeacially the ones with lever actions i heard they are the culprits..

Hahahhahahlol

Quote Originally Posted by specbelly View Post
    We are free to travel. Don’t get sucked into this crap. Ask any RCMP if they can stop you or demand to know your reasons. This virus is nasty but not near as nasty as the cure our governments are imposing. It’s a virus and will never go away. Use common Sense get vaccine and enjoy every day you have. I’m really tired of all the fear tactics and the “ deadly virus”. Do some research on numerous sites it’s a nasty virus but not the deadly doomsday killer they portray. Just my 2 cents. Kinda like the stories Trudeau is trying to portray about all our assaults rifles

Bit of an update. Given the number of vehicles stopped this seems reasonable to slow the spread of the virus.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/no-tickets-iss...ints-1.5420729

Quote Originally Posted by puddlejumper View Post
    Bit of an update. Given the number of vehicles stopped this seems reasonable to slow the spread of the virus.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/no-tickets-iss...ints-1.5420729
    Article says out of the 1400 vehicles stopped, only two vehicles were asked to turn around:

-----
    "VANCOUVER -- Police say they have stopped more than 1,400 vehicles since B.C.’s COVID-19 travel roadblocks were put in place on Thursday.

Nobody has been fined or ticketed, and only two vehicles were asked to turn around, says Dawn Roberts, head spokesperson for the B.C. RCMP.

“We've only seen two vehicles that were required to turn back and they did so voluntarily because they weren't able to meet the essential service provisions, and everyone else has been compliant and we've actually written no tickets,” she said."
    -----

I am not sure how much turning around 2 vehicles out of the other 1398 that went through will make a difference in slowing the virus. Probably comes with a 7 figure price tag too. Worth it?

Meanwhile international travellers and travellers from other provinces are free to roam anywhere. I doubt turning around 2 BC residents when you have travellers from all over the rest of the world free to roam anywhere in BC makes any sort of difference when it comes to a virus spreading. The article goes on to suggest that residents of BC may very likely see these travel restrictions continue indefinitely:

-----
    "The roadblocks are currently set to operate until May 25, when the travel restrictions are scheduled to end. However, many past COVID-19 restrictions have been extended."
    -----

I speculate it will be extended, but we will get a little bit of "freedom" in the summer before the restrictions come back just in time for fall GOS.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I am not sure how much turning around 2 vehicles out of the other 1398 that went through will make a difference in slowing the virus. Probably comes with a 7 figure price tag too. Worth it?
    Now consider the number of people that did not embark on trips they otherwise would have, if the restrictions and roadblocks were not in place.

Don't draw conclusions from incomplete information.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuritau View Post
    Now consider the number of people that did not embark on trips they otherwise would have, if the restrictions and roadblocks were not in place.

Could you imagine the numbers of people who did not break the rules and guidelines during communist Russia out of fearing their government?

Numbers must be staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuritau View Post

There are no conclusions in my post at all, hence the use of "I doubt", "I speculate".

If one can post that same article and conclude the road blocks seem reasonable with regard to slowing down the virus, I think anyone should be able to read that same article and express their own thoughts?

The reality remains that international, inter-provincial and essential travellers are free to roam anywhere. Perfectly reasonable for anyone to question whether restricting travel of residents will slow down the spread of an airborne virus in any significant way and whether it is an appropriate trade-off for the cost of the road blocks, economy and freedom, possibly for the long term.

Let’s leave it at anyone who’s scared of this should just stay the **** home and let the rest of the normal healthy humans go about their business.

shutting down the country to save some old people? No thanks, they lived their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Article says out of the 1400 vehicles stopped, only two vehicles were asked to turn around:

-----
    "VANCOUVER -- Police say they have stopped more than 1,400 vehicles since B.C.’s COVID-19 travel roadblocks were put in place on Thursday.

Nobody has been fined or ticketed, and only two vehicles were asked to turn around, says Dawn Roberts, head spokesperson for the B.C. RCMP.

“We've only seen two vehicles that were required to turn back and they did so voluntarily because they weren't able to meet the essential service provisions, and everyone else has been compliant and we've actually written no tickets,” she said."
    -----

Meanwhile international travellers and travellers from other provinces are free to roam anywhere. I doubt turning around 2 BC residents when you have travellers from all over the rest of the world free to roam anywhere in BC makes any sort of difference when it comes to a virus spreading. The article goes on to suggest that residents of BC may very likely see these travel restrictions continue indefinitely:

-----
    "The roadblocks are currently set to operate until May 25, when the travel restrictions are scheduled to end. However, many past COVID-19 restrictions have been extended."
    -----

I speculate it will be extended, but we will get a little bit of "freedom" in the summer before the restrictions come back just in time for fall GOS.
    Apologies...was being a tiny bit facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by puddlejumper View Post
    Apologies...was being a tiny bit facetious.
    Hah! That's fine I'm just dense.I should have picked up on it. I'm bad at interpreting these things in the absence of smiley/grin emoticons and such.