Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID check point info thread

Re: COVID check point info thread

here is the setup at the moment - from 3pm-8pm in manning

https://twitter.com/ctv_michele/stat...526024/photo/1

note the replies on twitter...most folks not happy.

just saw on the news...."if the people choose to still proceed through a checkpoint they can be fined and be in violation of the health and safety act....they didnt say what would happen with violation of the health act.

The check points have been released as
    hwy 1 by Boston bar
    hwy 3 by manning park
    hwy 5 at the old toll both
    hwy 99 at lillooet

by the sounds of it they will ask for your ID and purpose of travel. Other then that they can’t really ask much more, search the vehicle or anything along those lines.
    it sounds like they can’t stop you from going through either but if they feel the travel is nonessential then they can issue you a fine.

Are these roadblocks manned 24 hrs a day?

no.... said theyll be rotating times.

based on what the news showed i dont see that presence 24 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    You coastys can keep your desieses down there.
    I'm from the Fraser Valley and I do agree with you. I will grumble about the Zones but I do agree that if people did stay put in their assigned zones until we had enough vaccines in arms we would stand a fair chance of beating this bug down.

High population zones like the LML do need to be contained.

Populated area like Kamloops should also be contained to their own zone because they are too chirpy. Leave Kamloops limited to their 300+ lakes. That would teach them a lesson for being so chirpy. Pfft.

According to Global News it is unconstitutional to stop travelers coming into BC from Alberta. Say what? At what point did the government of BC start to give a $h!t about the constitution.
    Member of the CCFR, but not a "Violent Extremist"

Curious why they would put a checkpoint at the old toll booth area? Why not just outside of Hope?

Oh what's the difference? Why do I ask Why? How about just stop the flow of Albertans pouring into BC until things cool down?

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    Curious why they would put a checkpoint at the old toll booth area? Why not just outside of Hope?

Oh what's the difference? Why do I ask Why? How about just stop the flow of Albertans pouring into BC until things cool down?
    There used to be a rough road off the Coq at the Falls Lake Exit, a bit before the Toll Booth on the West side of the Highway, it went North to a bit past the Britton Creek Rest Area. Many years ago I decided to save the $5 or whatever it was at the time and headed off on it. It wasn't the best of roads and after it was over the Good Wife said "Next time I'll pay the effin' Toll you cheap bassturd, I'm not going on that road again." Never did take it again, wonder if it's still passable once the snow is gone?

That road is rough and grown in now. If you don’t like paint, then you’re ok. The valley road that it connects to coming out past the public works yard is fine though.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.