Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID check point info thread

Re: COVID check point info thread

The best thing about all this is proof to the “libtards” that their golden boys are failing miserably. Quite a few of my liberal leaning wife’s friends are suddenly thinking more along the lines of the rational. My wife has even gone as far as suggesting we leave Canada as it is going to Hell in a Turd driven short bus. As long as where she chooses allows non-nationals to hunt with appropriate permits, I’m fine with that idea.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    There’s always been a lot of animosity in BC towards Albertans and to a certain degree I can understand why. Lots of beautiful places in BC so come summer the place gets inundated with Albertans and it only takes a few bad ones to ruin it for everyone with a red licence plate. I was born, raised and spent the first 41 years on my life in BC so I get it.

As for travel, my beliefs are it shouldn’t matter what province you currently reside in; everyone in Canada should have the right to move freely.

But, Covid numbers are very bad here right now so to go on a vacation in BC from Alberta right now would be a poor decision. The rules put in place from health services are to restrict travel for everything other than what is deemed essential and that request should be respected if everyone is to do their part to get Covid numbers in check. That goes for people traveling from Alberta to BC, BC to Alberta or BC people living in the lower mainland traveling outside of their area. There’s really no difference.

A few months ago in Fort McMurray we had 12 active cases and numbers in Alberta were lower than what was going on in BC. People here made bad decisions just thinking about themselves and now we are paying the price. The same will happen in BC if people just choose to ignore the rules that have been put in place.

Packing up and going out in the bush is pretty low risk but it isn’t activities like that that put us in the position we are in now. On our street on Easter the road was filled with vehicles at dinner. Four hours later it was completely bare. Now our numbers are the worst in the country. Every single family out there that decided that their Easter dinner and big family get-together shouldn’t be postponed or cancelled even though in our case it went against Alberta Health Services recommendations should feel a bit embarrassed and ashamed because it’s actions like that that have put us where we are today. But it’s a me me me world now a days so I’m not surprised...
    If they cared about getting covid case numbers under control they would've banned flights from China last year when the pandemic started..they would be shutting down flights right now..this isn't about covid cases, this is about incremental implementation of more control...

today's blockade is on the coq and in boston bar, from 3pm-8pm: https://twitter.com/BCRCMP/status/1390793077955219459

Quote Originally Posted by savage10 View Post
    They are officially set up near Manning park on the #3 right now
    How close to allison pass?

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    There’s always been a lot of animosity in BC towards Albertans and to a certain degree I can understand why. Lots of beautiful places in BC so come summer the place gets inundated with Albertans and it only takes a few bad ones to ruin it for everyone with a red licence plate. I was born, raised and spent the first 41 years on my life in BC so I get it.

As for travel, my beliefs are it shouldn’t matter what province you currently reside in; everyone in Canada should have the right to move freely.

But, Covid numbers are very bad here right now so to go on a vacation in BC from Alberta right now would be a poor decision. The rules put in place from health services are to restrict travel for everything other than what is deemed essential and that request should be respected if everyone is to do their part to get Covid numbers in check. That goes for people traveling from Alberta to BC, BC to Alberta or BC people living in the lower mainland traveling outside of their area. There’s really no difference.

A few months ago in Fort McMurray we had 12 active cases and numbers in Alberta were lower than what was going on in BC. People here made bad decisions just thinking about themselves and now we are paying the price. The same will happen in BC if people just choose to ignore the rules that have been put in place.

Packing up and going out in the bush is pretty low risk but it isn’t activities like that that put us in the position we are in now. On our street on Easter the road was filled with vehicles at dinner. Four hours later it was completely bare. Now our numbers are the worst in the country. Every single family out there that decided that their Easter dinner and big family get-together shouldn’t be postponed or cancelled even though in our case it went against Alberta Health Services recommendations should feel a bit embarrassed and ashamed because it’s actions like that that have put us where we are today. But it’s a me me me world now a days so I’m not surprised...
    Well said Fuzzy.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by upperleftcoaster View Post
    today's blockade is on the coq and in boston bar, from 3pm-8pm: https://twitter.com/BCRCMP/status/1390793077955219459
    Well that's interesting. Never thought they would post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    Well that's interesting. Never thought they would post it.
    I assume they want people to know where as enforcement is less desirable than people simply not showing up.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Could be just making token appearances to satisfy Whoragans threatening speech of the covid situation, I must be obeyed BS.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    If they cared about getting covid case numbers under control they would've banned flights from China last year when the pandemic started..they would be shutting down flights right now..this isn't about covid cases, this is about incremental implementation of more control...
    Do you find the tinfoil causes your skin to break out on your forehead if you get too worked up and sweat at all? I hear it’s common problem.

I agree though that there should have been stricter control over who we let in the country though.

So if you show your your FN card do you get through ? just asking for a friend .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......