Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID check point info thread

Re: COVID check point info thread

Yes this is what the Charter says that we have freedom of movement between provinces .I It just does not make sense though that they will be letting Albertans in which apparently have the highest cases of COVID right now . I have Nothing against the good people of Wild Rose Country !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggdon View Post
    According to Global News it is unconstitutional to stop travelers coming into BC from Alberta. Say what? At what point did the government of BC start to give a $h!t about the constitution.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Why let a little thing like the Charter stop them. It hasn't stopped them doing anything else!!!!!!!!

Many comments are unhappy but all anyone does is moan & complain.

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Hopefully John Horgan can explain why no checkpoint from any Hwy coming out of Alberta to BC .
    Ya and have they stopped international flights yet? As previously mentioned, there is a check stop on Hwy 3 by Manning park, confirmed on castanet...

Hunting and fishing is still considered essential is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Hunting and fishing is still considered essential is it not?
    According to https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...vid-19-updates

• The most recent Emergency Program Act order bans non-essential travel between three regional zones until May 25th. Travel for hunting and fishing, whether for food or for recreation, is not considered essential. At the discretion of police, people not obeying the travel restrictions may be subject to a $575 fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    There used to be a rough road off the Coq at the Falls Lake Exit, a bit before the Toll Booth on the West side of the Highway, it went North to a bit past the Britton Creek Rest Area. Many years ago I decided to save the $5 or whatever it was at the time and headed off on it. It wasn't the best of roads and after it was over the Good Wife said "Next time I'll pay the effin' Toll you cheap bassturd, I'm not going on that road again." Never did take it again, wonder if it's still passable once the snow is gone?
    I took it a couple times for fun. Parts even went through the old rail tunnels. But it was gated many many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    Curious why they would put a checkpoint at the old toll booth area? Why not just outside of Hope?

Oh what's the difference? Why do I ask Why? How about just stop the flow of Albertans pouring into BC until things cool down?
    I suspect it's because the old toll booth was exactly half the distance between Merritt and Hope so it's fair for both regions if they need to be turned around. People would likely be choked if they drove an hour plus from Merritt to the west side of Hope to be turned around,,,, but in reality it would serve them right for trying to bend the rules.

It would serve BC’ers right when Albertans can travel through 90% of BC??? Give your head a shake.

Charter of rights and freedoms guarantees Canadians can travel freely within our borders. We do not have to say where we are going or where we are coming from. No Province can use notwithstanding clause or any other excuse to hinder this freedom. This is one of the most protected rights in our charter. Horgan and Dr. Bonny can go hump a rolling doughnut. Government over reach to the max.

So we can go here:

But this is deemed too dangerous for the public interest?????:

My feelings towards our current federal and provincial governments are best summed up by the late great Johnny Cash (who I met back in about 1974 in Vancouver):

If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.