Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID check point info thread

Re: COVID check point info thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    I took it a couple times for fun. Parts even went through the old rail tunnels. But it was gated many many years ago.
    I think you are referring to the KVR which is mainly on the East Side of the COQ ??
    Regardless, I saved $5 and it only took me 3 times as much time to drive it, bashed the vehicle a bit and upset the Wife.
    Life was grand.

Checkpoints are absolutely ridiculous. As mentioned, Alberta border is wide open. You can drive from Calgary, stop in at Kelowna and Vernon, maybe hit up Kamloops before you head home.
    International flights? Yeah, you come too.
    Oh, and as for government deciding whether my business, that puts food on my family's table is essential? Good luck trying to get me to buy that BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    and our obviously superior education system.

Ha ha jokes on you i went to school on the coast!!!

Just i do not type well on a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Ha ha jokes on you i went to school on the coast!!!

Just i do not type well on a phone.
    He is suggggesting that you cannt schpell

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    I think you are referring to the KVR which is mainly on the East Side of the COQ ??
    Regardless, I saved $5 and it only took me 3 times as much time to drive it, bashed the vehicle a bit and upset the Wife.
    Life was grand.
    Yup.

Portia exit I think it was.

There’s always been a lot of animosity in BC towards Albertans and to a certain degree I can understand why. Lots of beautiful places in BC so come summer the place gets inundated with Albertans and it only takes a few bad ones to ruin it for everyone with a red licence plate. I was born, raised and spent the first 41 years on my life in BC so I get it.

As for travel, my beliefs are it shouldn’t matter what province you currently reside in; everyone in Canada should have the right to move freely.

But, Covid numbers are very bad here right now so to go on a vacation in BC from Alberta right now would be a poor decision. The rules put in place from health services are to restrict travel for everything other than what is deemed essential and that request should be respected if everyone is to do their part to get Covid numbers in check. That goes for people traveling from Alberta to BC, BC to Alberta or BC people living in the lower mainland traveling outside of their area. There’s really no difference.

A few months ago in Fort McMurray we had 12 active cases and numbers in Alberta were lower than what was going on in BC. People here made bad decisions just thinking about themselves and now we are paying the price. The same will happen in BC if people just choose to ignore the rules that have been put in place.

Packing up and going out in the bush is pretty low risk but it isn’t activities like that that put us in the position we are in now. On our street on Easter the road was filled with vehicles at dinner. Four hours later it was completely bare. Now our numbers are the worst in the country. Every single family out there that decided that their Easter dinner and big family get-together shouldn’t be postponed or cancelled even though in our case it went against Alberta Health Services recommendations should feel a bit embarrassed and ashamed because it’s actions like that that have put us where we are today. But it’s a me me me world now a days so I’m not surprised...

Just drive the routes at 2am/3am, I can guarantee there will be no road checks setup at that time of the day...carry on

Does anyone know if the Boston Bar checkpoint is ahead of the turnoff for the North Bend Bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    and our obviously superior education system.
    You mean the libtard indoctrination system.

So glad I got my daughter out of it and into private education, absolutely disgusting what they preach!

Quote Originally Posted by .330 Dakota View Post
    He is suggggesting that you cannt schpell
    Lots of bad writing in my posts...thays why i do not email much from phone.