Thread: Malaysian Sate: Deer Tongue, Beef, Chicken!

Malaysian Sate: Deer Tongue, Beef, Chicken!

We made this recipe last week, I just finished the video today!

This marinade and peanut sauce will work with a variety of meats, I've even seen it used with porcupine! The heat level can be reduced by removing the chili seeds, but we left them in for maximum kick!

We prepared Malaysian Sate (Satay) with chicken, beef and deer tongue. The deer tongues were provided by my very generous friends. One is a mule deer, the other a Haida Gwaii deer. The tongues were a bit challenging to prepare, and more care was needed in cooking than the beef or chicken, but they turned out really good! The peanut sauce is close to addictive, I use a spoon for any left after the meat is gone!

Most of the ingredients can be found at Save-On or Superstore, have a look in the international foods section. Let us know if you have trouble, there are online sources as well.

Have a look on Youtube, subscribe if you like.
    https://youtu.be/GAn2eG0qdlE

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Malaysian Sate: Deer Tongue, Beef, Chicken!

Oh boy, does that ever look good!

MmmMmmm.. my family is from Malaysia. I would convert them quickly to hunting if I could pull this off.

Checked out your video, man the looks tasty.
    If you boil the tongue first you can pull off the skin easy.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Maybe we can try that next time? I wonder if it will pick up the marinade flavor as well if its boiled first?

I think you can! The smell while cooking makes you want to stand right in the smoke!

Sous vide the tongues in the marinade, then skin, skewer and Q

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythechiz View Post
    We made this recipe last week, I just finished the video today!

This marinade and peanut sauce will work with a variety of meats, I've even seen it used with porcupine! The heat level can be reduced by removing the chili seeds, but we left them in for maximum kick!

We prepared Malaysian Sate (Satay) with chicken, beef and deer tongue. The deer tongues were provided by my very generous friends. One is a mule deer, the other a Haida Gwaii deer. The tongues were a bit challenging to prepare, and more care was needed in cooking than the beef or chicken, but they turned out really good! The peanut sauce is close to addictive, I use a spoon for any left after the meat is gone!

Most of the ingredients can be found at Save-On or Superstore, have a look in the international foods section. Let us know if you have trouble, there are online sources as well.

Have a look on Youtube, subscribe if you like.
    https://youtu.be/GAn2eG0qdlE

well fella:

first things first; i'm going to need your address..............

on a different and somewhat cheeky note (no pun intended)

imagine for a minute that you were rabidly "anti hunting"..........can you imagine a dish that would set you off more than Haida Gwai Deer Tongue?

it would be mind blowing.........

nice dish

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythechiz View Post
    Maybe we can try that next time? I wonder if it will pick up the marinade flavor as well if its boiled first?
    I think it will take the marinade after boiling.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

The sous vide in the marinade route seems worth trying. Next time!