Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A question of Ethics

A question of Ethics

So, if you had a friend. Who had some property. And on that property were some wild turkeys. And every year that friend feed those turkeys. Sometimes intentionally. Other times, they raided his garden. And then one day that friend decides to trap and kill one turkey every year for Thanksgiving. One Turkey. He has a firearms license. Is this unethical? Not asking if it's legal. Your friend assumes it's not. But he wants to be right with himself. Not the law. Is it ethical?
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

2. Site Sponsor

Re: A question of Ethics

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    So, if you had a friend. Who had some property. And on that property were some wild turkeys. And every year that friend feed those turkeys. Sometimes intentionally. Other times, they raided his garden. And then one day that friend decides to trap and kill one turkey every year for Thanksgiving. One Turkey. He has a firearms license. Is this unethical? Not asking if it's legal. Your friend assumes it's not. But he wants to be right with himself. Not the law. Is it ethical?
    I think you have a friend who should be worried about the friends he keeps.

Not any more ethical than folks from abroad who buy spreads in the Cariboo Chilcotin and use the land as a private hunting ground to shoot deer and moose on the property disregarding seasons, bag limits and without licenses or LEH permits.

Hypothetically of course, from a population stand point, I doubt it would hurt their numbers if he only nabbed Toms. Like other animals, new ones will always come to the ladies.
    However, why not wait until they're in season, buy a hunting license and take one then, and freeze it until needed? They're open twice a year if I recall correctly. Then it's not only ethical, but perfectly legal to boot.

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
    Hypothetically of course, from a population stand point, I doubt it would hurt their numbers if he only nabbed Toms. Like other animals, new ones will always come to the ladies.
    However, why not wait until they're in season, buy a hunting license and take one then, and freeze it until needed? They're open twice a year if I recall correctly. Then it's not only ethical, but perfectly legal to boot.

Depends on where the " Friend " lives on the island it is any Turkey no closed season and NBL
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneerman View Post
    Depends on where the " Friend " lives on the island it is any Turkey no closed season and NBL
    Well, it's right timely that you pointed this out. Cause this friend would only do it when it's an "any turkey season". One Turkey every Thanksgiving.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Jan 13th

The only difference here, is this friend is not shooting a turkey. He's trapping one. Fully licensed. During an open season.

Collectivism is Slavery

Jan 13th

I think the key word here is 'trapping". I do not believe that they are listed in the Trapping section of the regulations. If not, then there is an ethical and legal issue at hand. To intentionally feed and or bait turkeys is also illegal in this province.
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI

I personally don’t believe in feeding wild animals or homeless people. If you’re feeding them, are they even wild anymore? Or domesticated? What’s the difference? Turkeys are a little bit different, but it tends to ruin the life of a fox or bear.

As for homeless people, I feed them and give out cash when I’m downtown. I do this hoping that they’ll stay there away from my house because that’s where they get the most welfare. If they get fed at my local grocery store than they’re likely not to leave.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

sustenance..........
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America