Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Willing to take out a first time bear hunter from Lower Mainland

Willing to take out a first time bear hunter from Lower Mainland

I am looking for someone who has not harvested a bear (and ideally any big game animal) before and would like to. I have done quite a bit of bear hunting and have helped several people get their first bear. My son often hunts with me, but he does not hunt bear. Basically you get to shoot the first bear we see and I get to shoot the second one!!! I have the equipment and the place to go to, just send me a pm if you are interested. I plan to go 2 or 3 times before June 15. I typically leave Vancouver after work on Friday and return Sunday evening. Let me know what weekend would work for you. I will not be hunting the May long weekend. If you are totally inexperienced and just want to watch, I am ok with that as well. I am very open to taking a youth hunting as I like to pass on the excitement I felt hunting as a young person.
    Last edited by Dad and son; 05-05-2021 at 05:58 PM.
    "Remember all boys grow up wanting to be just like dad"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Willing to take out a first time bear hunter from Lower Mainland

Good on you DaS, I think this is the most generous thing anyone can do for the future of hunting

"Dad" is an incredibly generous man, he took me out for my first successful bear hunt and taught me things I still put to good use every year. Whoever takes him up on this offer is a very lucky person and will most certainly have a great time!

Will be out there this week putting your lessons to work sir, I commend you for continuing to pass on your knowledge and experience like this.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Thanks for the offer Dad - very generous!

I'm going out next week to see if I can get my first bear but if I'm unsuccessful I'd sure like to take you up on your offer.

cheers,
    BR
    forever noob

Messaged you

hats off to you Dad and Son.

This is what it's about, hunters helping hunters. Hope you get a taker and get into some bears!!!!!

Very generous of you, this is what this site was meant to be for me....meeting other like minded hunters. Kudo's to you DAS! Good karma coming your way

Very generous offer, would be extremely helpful to someone like me and I sent you a PM.

Pm'd! We need more hunters like you helping each other out.

Fantastic offer! I was hoping to have my hunting licence by now but COVID... maybe there will be another opportunity in the future!