Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shared hunt

Re: Shared hunt

Ok how about this. 4 hunters are drawn for a shared hunt. Before the hunt there's a falling out in the group and hunters 1 and 2 hunt together and hunters 3 an 4 hunt together. Neither pair communicates with the other and during their hunts are not able to communicate (no cell service). Has an offence been committed if hunters 1 and 2 shoot two moose and hunters 3 and 4 shoot two moose all on the same day? If so who's guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggdon View Post
    Ok how about this. 4 hunters are drawn for a shared hunt. Before the hunt there's a falling out in the group and hunters 1 and 2 hunt together and hunters 3 an 4 hunt together. Neither pair communicates with the other and during their hunts are not able to communicate (no cell service). Has an offence been committed if hunters 1 and 2 shoot two moose and hunters 3 and 4 shoot two moose all on the same day? If so who's guilty?
    probably all are guilty since it's their responsibility to communicate/ not exceed their quota [ 2 moose for the group ] I think that if you don't have the harvest details of the other group members on your paper form then you are guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggdon View Post

The synopsis states "Communication is required within the group while hunting to avoid exceeding the group limit"

Since communications is not defined I'm sure that could mean satellite, cellular, radio, voice, or visual.

In your scenario, the hunters can only say 1 of 2 things happened.

1. We had a falling out and didn't communicate, or
    2. We didn't have a falling out and didn't communicate.

Either way, there was no communication that led to the overharvest. I'm not a policy analyst or lawyer but at a glance I would say all could be issued some sort of penalty.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 05-05-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    The synopsis states "Communication is required within the group while hunting to avoid exceeding the group limit"

Since communications is not defined I'm sure that could mean satellite, cellular, radio, voice, or visual.

In your scenario, the hunters can only say 1 of 2 things happened.

1. We had a falling out and didn't communicate, or
    2. We didn't have a falling out and didn't communicate.

Either way, there was no communication that led to the overharvest. I'm not a policy analyst or lawyer but at a glance I would say all could be issued some sort of penalty.

This scenario could go many ways.

According to the synopsis....
    If group A isn’t hunting with group B then they don’t have to communicate. If both groups are hunting during the same time frame then they have to communicate. Cell service or not they have to notify the other group. Depending on the falling out, group B might not fill out the papers and say group A didn’t notify them of the canceled tags.

ultimately, when a tag is canceled the successful hunter must document the harvest and notify the other shared leh holders.
    Last edited by j270wsm; 05-05-2021 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post

Anyone can buy a moose tag and hunt in GOS. An leh just lets you use your moose tag in a specific area at a certain time frame and usually is for any bull
    I would expand on this a bit more. "Anyone can buy a moose tag and hunt in GOS in any zone where there is a GOS."

For example, In the past, I have had LEH authorizations for the early draw in Zone 6-08. Was unsuccessful in that hunt and was able to hunt the GOS in late October in any part of Region 6. I could have gone anywhere in the province to hunt moose in any GOS either prior to or after the dates of my LEH for Zone 6-08.
    Semper in excretum altum