Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucky Bug Lures

Re: Lucky Bug Lures

my comments echo everything mentioned above, if we're talking about the plastic diving fly thingy, they can work, but nothing to brag about...their hard plastic baits seem like they are just generic blanks and painted...received a couple of the jointed zombie maxx as a gift, they don't run very true but did catch pike and lakers, not rushing out to buy any more though

one place I think the lucky bug diving fly shines is trolled on a sinking fly line, or behind a dodger
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

I've used Lucky Bugs with some success on kokanee and cutthroat, nothing outstanding though. A pink one did well on Jones Lake back in the day when I lived in Abbotsford. I haven't tied one on in years though. I flyfish 99% of the time now but when I do use lures, I find Kwikfish or Flatfish work much better. Skunk, black speckled or frog pattern are my favorites.
    "Good" - Jocko Willink

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I used the Bingo Bug, a black one with red speckles last fall and it was non stop action, as my Dad used to say "I had to hide behind a tree to bait my hook",

I laughed when the gal at the corner store said try this showing me a Bingo Bug......, yup they work
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by upperleftcoaster View Post
    i have some...but haven't found success yet with them.
    Same here, will be giving it out soon