Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Calling all hunters - defend your right to hunt

Re: Calling all hunters - defend your right to hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest the Land View Post
    Its a free world and you can do whatever you want. But just because you're against predator hunting, doesn't mean you shouldn't still sign this letter - especially if you consider yourself to be hunter. The Anti's are broadening their narrative from just being anti predator hunting, to being anti trophy hunting. And they're specifically starting to focus on Bighorn Sheep and Elk by trying to portray them as only being hunted as "trophy" animals, rather than for food.

Are you a hunter? What animal(s) do you like to hunt? And can you please elaborate on what inaccuracies you've identified in the letter?

Thanks. Hope you're having a great day
    Obviously you don't have him on the "Ignore" list like so many already have done.
    Trust the rest of us, it is much simpler to do that then try to "figure him out".
    That would be a waste of time, so do like the rest of us, that is why the button exists

So, i did my part, and this is what i got back from Heyman's office.
    Now, remind me, but haven't we for about 30 years now "always had 10 million$ go into habitat conservation"!!???
    So, there is nothing "new" about this money....correct??
    AND, even if it was "new funding $", 10 million "wont do sweet F'all" for wildlife.
    Heyman is the biggest BS'er we have in the NDP right now, and he is in charge of Environment.
    Anyways, here is the "letter" i got back from his office:

Thank you for writing to our community office to express your concerns about wildlife management and policies affecting hunters.

Hunting and trapping are an important part of the lives of many British Columbians. Opportunities for licensed harvest, founded based on sound scientific principles, are only provided where such activities are biologically sustainable. Under no circumstances does the BC government allow hunting that threatens the conservation of any species, nor does it condone unethical hunting practices.

Wildlife harvest is managed on a four-tiered system; the top priority is conservation, the second priority is ensuring constitutional obligations to First Nations, the third priority is resident licensed hunters, and the fourth priority is for non-resident licensed hunters. Hunting regulations require that all licensed hunters remove the edible portions of meat, including that from predators like cougar and black bear. For some species (e.g., wolf, lynx and bobcat), the hunter must remove the edible portions or the hide and may remove both.

On August 28, 2020, the Province announced the final Together for Wildlife Strategy, which was the culmination of work under the mandate to “improve wildlife management and habitat conservation and collaborate with stakeholders to develop short and long-term strategies to manage BC's wildlife resources.” The Strategy outlines five goals and 24 actions that together support the vision “wildlife and their habitats thrive, are resilient, and support and enrich the lives of all British Columbians.”

To support implementation of the Strategy a budget of up to $10M per year is committed, the approximate annual revenue from wildlife hunting and permit revenue, in additional to the regular program budget. A Minister’s Wildlife Advisory Council was established to oversee implementation of the Strategy, as well as provide advice to the Minister on important issues related to wildlife stewardship and habitat conservation including ways to improve funding models.

For more information and a copy of the Together for Wildlife strategy, please visit: Together for Wildlife - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)

Kind regards and thank you again for writing,

Mariah Gillis (she/her/hers)
    Constituency Assistant | George Heyman, MLA Vancouver-Fairview
    P: 604-775-2453 | 642 W. Broadway Vancouver, BC V5Z 1G1
    mariah.gillis@leg.bc.ca | georgeheyman.ca

Signed!!. Will be sharing to other forums

I had high hopes for this, I can't believe we haven't reached the 25k yet. I'll continue to share!

Better to to pro-active then reactive on this stuff.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Oh great more silly questions Well I never said I was against predator hunting, and yes I hunt probable more then most, I hunt pretty much every thing, on average I have 100 plus days a year hunting cats
    also looking for wolves then as well.
    For inaccuracies there is the one about certain animals not declining from hunting, and that predator populations have exploded provience wide and that certain animals are hunted because of a sought after source of protein.
    Well when the anti's win and you can't spend your precious 100 days hunting cats, remember this thread
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Obviously you don't have him on the "Ignore" list like so many already have done.
    Trust the rest of us, it is much simpler to do that then try to "figure him out".
    That would be a waste of time, so do like the rest of us, that is why the button exists
    Huh wonder if this post is a example of (ghosting) you wrote about or is it just stalking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    So, i did my part, and this is what i got back from Heyman's office.
    Now, remind me, but haven't we for about 30 years now "always had 10 million$ go into habitat conservation"!!???
    So, there is nothing "new" about this money....correct??
    AND, even if it was "new funding $", 10 million "wont do sweet F'all" for wildlife.
    Heyman is the biggest BS'er we have in the NDP right now, and he is in charge of Environment.
    Anyways, here is the "letter" i got back from his office:

Thank you for writing to our community office to express your concerns about wildlife management and policies affecting hunters.

Hunting and trapping are an important part of the lives of many British Columbians. Opportunities for licensed harvest, founded based on sound scientific principles, are only provided where such activities are biologically sustainable. Under no circumstances does the BC government allow hunting that threatens the conservation of any species, nor does it condone unethical hunting practices.

Wildlife harvest is managed on a four-tiered system; the top priority is conservation, the second priority is ensuring constitutional obligations to First Nations, the third priority is resident licensed hunters, and the fourth priority is for non-resident licensed hunters. Hunting regulations require that all licensed hunters remove the edible portions of meat, including that from predators like cougar and black bear. For some species (e.g., wolf, lynx and bobcat), the hunter must remove the edible portions or the hide and may remove both.

On August 28, 2020, the Province announced the final Together for Wildlife Strategy, which was the culmination of work under the mandate to “improve wildlife management and habitat conservation and collaborate with stakeholders to develop short and long-term strategies to manage BC's wildlife resources.” The Strategy outlines five goals and 24 actions that together support the vision “wildlife and their habitats thrive, are resilient, and support and enrich the lives of all British Columbians.”

To support implementation of the Strategy a budget of up to $10M per year is committed, the approximate annual revenue from wildlife hunting and permit revenue, in additional to the regular program budget. A Minister’s Wildlife Advisory Council was established to oversee implementation of the Strategy, as well as provide advice to the Minister on important issues related to wildlife stewardship and habitat conservation including ways to improve funding models.

For more information and a copy of the Together for Wildlife strategy, please visit: Together for Wildlife - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)

Kind regards and thank you again for writing,

Mariah Gillis (she/her/hers)
    Constituency Assistant | George Heyman, MLA Vancouver-Fairview
    P: 604-775-2453 | 642 W. Broadway Vancouver, BC V5Z 1G1
    mariah.gillis@leg.bc.ca | georgeheyman.ca
    Wow, how about a little more smoke up the ass. And (she/her/hers), what a bunch of modern phuck ups.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Well when the anti's win and you can't spend your precious 100 days hunting cats, remember this thread
    It isnt just antis that are causing the problem, some hunters are causing lots as well.

Quote Originally Posted by firstshot View Post
    I had high hopes for this, I can't believe we haven't reached the 25k yet. I'll continue to share!

Better to to pro-active then reactive on this stuff.

Cheers.
    It’s like herding cats sadly. Sign it, forward it and keep bumping this post.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

done and done