Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bear derby 2021!

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Re: Bear derby 2021!

Good judges, let’s have some fun folks!!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

We have a entry..

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    We have a entry..
    Here I was thinking that everyone was as terrible of a hunter as I am this season aha

anxiously awaiting the first submission! Hopefully will be taking a few members out over the next few weeks to get a bear of their own.

No archery category?

Just playin, who doesn't like an extra bit of challenge. Almost kicked things off with a decent jet black boar Friday evening but the wind switched on me before closing the last 5 yards. Looks like a late spring in my area so still plenty of time to get after it, best of luck to everybody out there this spring!
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by 45freezer View Post
    No archery category?

Just playin, who doesn't like an extra bit of challenge. Almost kicked things off with a decent jet black boar Friday evening but the wind switched on me before closing the last 5 yards. Looks like a late spring in my area so still plenty of time to get after it, best of luck to everybody out there this spring!

you know, that would have been a good idea.. completely forgot some folks are crazy enough to stick and arrow bears . Noted for next seasons derby !! Assuming we get at least 10 entries accumulative, this will be an annual event.. on my behalf at least, I can’t speak for anyone else who donated.
    Last edited by RyoTHC; 05-12-2021 at 09:14 AM.

45freezer your a bear assasin with the bow.you will get him.

Had a nice stalk up to 10-15 yards tonight, had a sizeable bear broadside.. turned away from me and realized it didn’t have any danglies.. so off she went into the woods to eat another day.

Its still early..

Heading to my big boar spot this weekend, hoping for a 5 footer

Region 3-27
    Weapon used model 70 sportster laminate blued with meopta scope. 250 grain nosler accoubond with 72 grains reloader 19 cci magnum primers.

Was resting a pulled back nerve went for a walk saw a huge boar scratching his back on a fir tree.. ran past my 30-06 and had to unlock 338..

Walked to 250yds of bear laid down put cross hairs on neck bone and squeezed dead on impact..

Wife fired up tractor hung and skinned in barn..then butchered a hour later..havent finished skinning head or measured head but mature boar.